Friday, June 15, 2018

It's a grey Friday here...

We have low hanging clouds and perhaps some drizzle forecast for the day. It's 8:30 a.m. and I already need a nap! It seems like no matter what time I go to bed (9:30 last night) I wake up at about 4:30. It's already getting light and the birds are waking up by that time. Theoretically that looks like enough hours of sleep, but I don't sleep soundly. Anyway, not complaining. A nap will do the trick. Just not quite yet! 

On Wednesday Micah took her crew into town for a park play date with some other moms from her MOPS group. (Mothers of Preschoolers) They don't meet officially in the summer, so the moms decided to get together every week or two for a Bible study at the park while the kids play. There are a couple of older girls (12 or 13 years old) who keep an eye on the smaller kids. While they were gone I dropped by Micah's house (my future trailer home) and did some housework. By the way, Micah doesn't expect me to help with housework. I'm pushy. With all of her kids, and one on the way, life can get pretty exhausting. Besides, it's fun for me! After I finished I sat down and watched a movie, (they have Netflix!) and then I took a few pictures outside. I know I've shown similar pics in the past, but I just love my future yard! The sun glinting off of the green leaves and the breeze fluttering through the branches...well, I never tire of looking at it. I'm so looking forward to living out here!

A 180* of the front yard...

And the back yard...
 The grass in the back yard is long because Adam doesn't have a small lawnmower that works at the moment and he can't get in there with the rider. But it's just as well, because the kids find a lot of butterflies and caterpillars and other nature in there when the grass is long. I tried to avoid the toy clutter, swing set and trampoline in my shots, lol.
They have a cute little barn with a heated floor that the dogs can get in and out of in winter. And the outdoor wood stove is to the right of that little wood stack, hidden by the trees.

I've just noticed recently that the comments aren't showing up in my email. They have been in the past, but something must have changed. Anyone else having that happen?

I had a little meeting with the lady who's in charge of VBS at church. Pastor Dawn works part-time at our church and also travels to work at some other area churches. She's in charge of children's ministries such as VBS and release time during the school year. Probably also Junior Worship, as we call Sunday School. It looks like I'll be helping to get craft supplies organized for an expected 75 kids and I'll also help with registration. I also got a tour of the church, so now I know where everything is located. Good to know!

I just finished Mere Christianity. Yay! I loved it and will read it again. Now for some fluff! Yes, I've become quite the Julie Klassen fan. :)


It's now 11:30. Yeah, uploading photos is taking forever again! So, I'm ready for lunch. Just one more photo of a recent ATC.  This is for a swap called Weird Country Music Song Titles. I'm working on a few more that I'll show later.
Happy weekend, everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Shalom.

9 comments:

  1. hi Lisa! oh what a lovely view your future home place is!!! thanks for sharing the pictures! I think it is wonderful that you help clean M's home - with kids and being expecting, this is a real blessing to her! I used to do the same with my sister-friend in Canada. :) I love CS Lewis and that one is a gem for sure! Blogger has been having issues with the comments because they are upgrading their email system. See here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/V611KU-BUOQ

    I do hope they get it fixed soon but for now looking at comments on your dashboard will show them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the difference between a daughter and a DIL. I would love to help my DIL with housework but my offer would be refused and seen as interference.

    My comments don't come to my e mail any more either. It's okay by me but I do wonder why 'they' have to change things around.

    I love your Country music ATC. Please tell me that's not an actual line from a Country song!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter felt guilty about me helping at first, but she got over it, lol! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa! Yes, we have to go to our dashboards to publish comments. I wonder if it has something to do with data laws.
    I'm excited for your new home, too. I bet it's fun to think about.
    Yes, I wake up at 4:30, too. Oh well. Sleep changes and we change and that's okay, right?
    God be with you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To sleep good and deep and longer is wonderful, but if sometimes sleep is not like best holidays, I have a new sentence: "I can sleep, when I'm dead!" :)

    Oh, you will have a new home soon! Very good! Where will Micah and family go then? When I understand right, they live there now -

    Expecting the fifth baby is so great and very brave and really love !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids are building a new house right next door to the trailer. :)

      Delete
  5. That makes me want to go find that country song on youtube and listen to it, haha!
    Yes, I also stopped receiving email notifications about comments on my blog posts :( That's how I used to reply to people, which I like doing. But recently I decided I'd try to reply on the blog itself, which I've done spottily. I realized other bloggers weren't really sending me an email every single time I commented on their blogs, so why was I doing it? I began to wonder if I was being pesky a bit. Anyway ...
    Your yard is lovely - I esp. like that big pasture view out back. You will be so happy living there! And it's just wonderful that you can help Micah like that, so she can come back to a cleaner house. That's good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On WordPress we can still approve comments from an email.

    Lisa, thank you for sharing the pictures! I don't remember things consistently and I like to keep up with what's happening with you - SO tell away! And the more pictures, the easier it is to remember... It's very exciting; it's nice to know about things in advance so you can have the joy of anticipation :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)