Sunday, October 14, 2018

Not much new news...

But I thought I'd check in anyhoo.

Well, I've kind of sidelined the Ben Franklin book for now. Instead, I've taken up The Naturalist, a book about Theodore Roosevelt's adventures as a naturalist from childhood.
I may get back to Ben later. That book is quite a long, slow read and I have so many in line. But when I left off reading he had gotten himself in a fix, at age 18, and I may need to see how he got out of it, lol.

Here is my latest 5x7 canvas for a swap.
 And here are three ATCs for a Galaxy swap.
 I'm at Micah's and the family has gone to Grandpa's for a birthday party. SO, I may borrow their Netflix to watch some Call the Midwife. Tricky!

God bless all! I'll try to drop by and see everyone!
Shalom.

7 comments:

  1. Last week we watched a TV special (PBS) on Theodore Roosevelt's exploration of some river in the Amazon
    ( this was later in his life). Quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fun! I am glad you got some downtime (netflix!) :) reading is so nice! both books sound interesting! :) I love reading too! God bless you dear one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just going to say, "Oh my" both to your reading and to your recent events! I think you need a nice dose of Georgette Heyer- or the US equivalent. That's what I inhaled last week! She wrote light, witty tales of strong aristocratic women in Georgian England. They're always lancing sparkling verbal repartee at disdainful and extremely wealthy men who turn to be, who'd have guessed, their one true love. Pride and Prejudice for beginners! Wishing you lots of smiles and wit as your week rolls on x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mushrooms! Excellent galaxies of someone, who is deep in the Lord's will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kind nuns in Call the Midwife!
    Toadstool spotted! How cute!
    Sending love your way, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to remember about Ben F. I taught portions of his autobiography to high schoolers years ago. Maybe when he was 18 he left home and traveled to Philadelphia to start over? If that's right, then his first introduction to the city is pretty hilarious, as he meets his wife. Maybe his autobiography would be a more entertaining read than the one you're currently reading? He's a pretty lively, fun writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you finished the Teddy Roosevelt book yet? That sounds like something I might like... although I usually like doing my own naturalist studies much more than reading about others'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)