Thursday, November 14, 2019

Happy birthday to me!

Thanks to all of you who sent greetings via Facebook! I also heard from lots of kids via phone, Facebook and mail. I prefer a low-key birthday and this one was just right! My deli gal friends all drew names for a secret pal and my pal sent me a nice flower arrangement. She had it delivered to the restaurant where we had breakfast together on Tuesday, but the delivery person got there after we had left. One of the perks of living in a small town is that someone can figure out how to track you down and find your cell phone number! So I got a call from the restaurant and drove back in yesterday and picked up the flowers. Aren't they purty! (Photo below.)

This time of year I tend to buy a few treats which I consider to be birthday and Christmas presents to myself. One of those treats was the watercolor book below. Lots of beauty to inspire me in the winter days ahead!

I'm currently reading The House on the Cliff by D.E. Stevenson. It's a homey little story that keeps you turning the page to find out what happens to the main character.

One of the swaps I'm in involves trading decorative bits of paper ephemera that can be used for collage. Everyone has different kinds of stuff in their stash, so we share with each other. One of my photos shows a few pieces I received, but it's only the tip of the iceberg!

I've been sitting in my living room watching the sun come up while sipping my Folgers. It's a beautiful clear day and the temperature promises to be more on the normal side.

I'm including a photo of my latest ATCs for the Captivating Cat swap. Zentangle cards are next on the agenda.

And now it's time to go next door to help get the grands off to school.

Shalom, and, "May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ." 2 Thessalonians 3:5.





6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you!! I hope your day is/was special. Nice that you're treating yourself to some little treats. I sold an old sled for $25 and now I'm trying to think of something I want, something I can 'open' on Christmas Day ( we no longer do gifts either between DH and myself or any of the kids). It's a great relief not to have to think of what to give anyone but also it's just a tad disappointing.
    Your bd flowers are so bright and cheerful..
    Nice ATCs but I'm not sure about Grumpy Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you and blessings!

    Fine you found some presents for you!

    The sun gave also best greetings to you!

    Fine that you are born !

    A spiritual time in the year, I love it!

    Your sister in Christ Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh happy birthday!!! Wonderful flowers!!!! I love that DE Stevenson book!!! Love that Bible verse too, so good and comforting!!!!! A big Hug! 😊❤💛💝

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cats are charming! I'll be looking forward to more birds from your studio once you begin to digest that lovely new book. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a very happy, relaxed birthday, Lisa - perfect. I remember being told about Stevenson as an author and how wonderful she is. Then I forgot about her. How many of her books have you read, and would you recommend any particularly? I looked up The House on the Cliff on Abebooks.com, and it's kind of expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)