Saturday, November 30, 2019

Time to start the Christmas stuff, eh?

We thought we'd start the festivities with a snowstorm! :) We're expecting 8-18 inches, so we'll see. Photos to follow, as usual.)

I've got my tree up. All 4 feet of it! I wanted it to fit in my south window. If you shop at Walmart you may recognize the ornaments. I love the woodland critters and decided to make that my theme. My old decorations are still packed away. I decided to start fresh!

I've been complaining about this iPad for a while (though I'm thankful to have something to use!), so I picked up a Chromebook yesterday. You can see from the photo that it's still in the box. I'll probably take it over to Micah's and have her help me get started with it. I don't think she's used one, but she's fearless about technology. I don't like having to learn how to use new gadgets!

I'm knitting a little scarf for Sully, so that's the knitting you see there. When I finish that I'd like to try crocheting one. My first attempts at crocheting were disappointing, but I think it had a lot to do with the yarn I used and the size of hook.

I just signed up for the free online classes on C.S. Lewis that are offered by Hillsdale College. It might be one of those things I never get around to actually doing...or maybe I will!

Glenn, I'll be writing you an honest to goodness handwritten letter in answer to your nice long email. So patience will be needed as you wait for the Pony Express to arrive at your door. :)

That first photo is of my much loved step-son, Trev, and my grandson Cody. They're a fun and nutty bunch!

Shalom, everyone! Have a blessed Christmas season!








6 comments:

  1. Lisa, Looks like you are off to a good start. I am not good with new technology either...not good at all. But,like you, I have a fearless user or two that help me.
    Your little woodland tree is sweet and it makes me want to get started decorating.
    Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. You're off to a great start decorating. Tomorrow being the first Sunday of Advent I got the grands to set up both nativity sets today and we are now FINISHED.
    I love the snowy outside ( but I'm glad it's not what I see out mine). Love the chainsaw silliness. Kind of what goes on around here when the kids are all here. We may be 20 of us this year, depending on who all shows up. I'm not sure just what a chromebook is but I'm glad you got one and also someone to help you set it up. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa, I see a lot of cold snow in your region! It fits to this time of waiting for Christmas. But it is hard, too, especially when you have to go by car!

    Here slowly coloured autumn in silence changes into winter in silence. In the higher mountains we got also snow today, tomorrow in the valleys.

    Every year I admire the miracle of snow!

    You have a fine Christmas-Tree at your window! Good idea to start a new series of decoration! I also plan some new decoration-hut with the Holy Family and animals. You inspire me!!

    O they really have fun to cut the goose with a saw! :) And the photographer had some fun, too, I think! :)

    I also don't like new technique in Computer! My sons don't have this problem! :)

    Fine needlework you start for Sully!

    Have a blessed time in waiting for the Holy Child!

    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute tree!!! 🎄🎄🎄☃️☃️☃️ I use a chromebook for all of my blogging and love it!!! Once you get it up and running feel free to ask me questions also if you have any left to ask 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree and esp. those animal ornaments - so cute! Will your new computer allow you to post your blog posts more easily? Looks snowy there! It was over 70 degrees here today. It felt like May!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)