Friday, December 13, 2019

We'll have a white Christmas for sure...

After some record breaking cold weather the temps have risen a little and we're getting more snow.

Adam's been working hard keeping the outdoor wood stove going, which keeps both of our houses warm. Micah's keeping busy getting the kids back and forth to school in all kinds of weather. I'm doing my usual babysitting interspersed with reading, arting and watching other people on YouTube.

Micah's big black horse, Dachessa, keeps escaping from the pasture and appearing in my yard where she paws through the deep snow to eat the greenish grass. I guess she thinks she's a wild horse. She's easily led back to her pasture with a little grain, but they will need to do a little fence mending over the weekend. This horse gets a LOT of hay, but they probably need to get some round bales to keep her occupied.

I went out to fill one of my feeders this morning and got a photo of a chickadee and a small woodpecker from about ten feet away. Hard to see the woodpecker on the suet feeder, but he's there! The bigger pileated woodpecker ( I call him Phil) takes off like a shot if he even sees me inside the house!

Otherwise, I'm doing some ATCs for a swap. The themes were requested by other traders.

Below are photos of artwork, weather and my niece, Naomi, who is on a missions trip to Cambodia with YWAM. Her parents were missionaries for many years and she's following in their footsteps. She's the one taking the selfies. Dark hair, big smile.

Shalom and Merry Christmas! Thanks for the visit!















6 comments:

  1. Definitely looks like winter round your house. By enlarging the picture I could see the Woodpecker.
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    Keep warm and Cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. What a white time you have here! Respect for all the activities in your brave and fine family!

    You can be proud of Naomi! One of the wonderful fruits of the Lord in this big faithful family!

    I smile about the horse, I know this from my Pony. A firm fence is the best help :)
    I think of one of your headers, where a small girl is leading a big white horse in the snow: This is you!!! :)

    Also this header with the funny riders is joyful and nice!

    Greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest, white on the top of the mountains..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely!! What a nice niece you have! Stay warm!!! Sounds like a lovely mix of activities! I pray all is well and that you have a peaceful consoling Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of an outdoor wood stove. If it is outdoors and heating two houses... my, that sounds like a lot of wood and stoking! Nice that you don't have to do that work yourself.

    I built a fire this morning in my stove and have been tending it -- the first one of the season for me. I did strain my back (didn't notice until the next day after I'd posted my braggy report!) by stacking all that firewood ten days ago and have been thankful that my housemate kept the fires burning until now, when I seem to be mended. But she is at work, and it's cold this morning. I feel silly saying that to you, who could probably feel comfortable in a sundress in my neighborhood today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some snow! Our weather both before and after Christmas was just stunningly perfect -- classic Southern Christmas. It was 65 - 70 degrees (sometimes more), sunny, gorgeous. We were very thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)