Friday, December 27, 2019

Test drive...

Howdy! Trying out my new adapter which should allow me to upload pictures from my memory card to this new Chromebook. It's a little weird so far, and seems to be kind of slow, so I may need to be more selective in what I upload. 

Just enjoying the slow pace of Christmas "vacation" with no kids to shuttle to school. I'll see how many of my older pics I can get on here and comment on. I think I'll actually be able to mix my photos and text again! Woo hoo!

Phil the pil. Actually, one of many pileated woodpeckers who visit. 
Took these photos from my laundry room window, but this fellow is wiley. He's off like a skinned rat when he sees me, lol. 

I used to only rarely sight a pileated woodpecker. Now that they've found my feeder I see them multiple times each day. It never gets old!

This black bird was raiding my feeders. She gets out of the pasture a lot and usually just paws around in the snow looking for grass. But she also seems to like sunflower seeds.

I hope I didn't share these previously. Maybe. Oh well. These were for a "Tomten/Gnome" swap. 

And the next ATCs were for a Pick-a-Theme swap where each player requested a certain theme for their card. I just guffaw when I look at these because I can't draw a recognizable person to save my life. Which just goes to show, only God can make our face, ha ha! I'll put captions so you can see who these people are supposed to be. You won't have a clue otherwise, lol.
Queen Elizabeth and Scully and Mulder (?) from X-Files.
Miss Havisham and Frida Kahlo
This was for a one-to-one trade. I don't know why it's sideways. I couldn't figure out why I see no options for editing. Another thing to learn. I wanted this one to be below the one below. Got that? lol. But when I tried to add this caption it kept moving the picture up here. Whaaaa?
Stonehenge and ME! I look so angry! And about 20 years younger! Oh well. Good for a laugh!

It' very slow loading the pictures. I get impatient, thinking it didn't hear me, and try to reload it, which results in two or three copies coming up eventually. Sheesh. Well, I'm just glad I can get some photos up. I'm not really into the idea of looking up a Chromebook manual online and really learning how to do everything. It came with just a tiny Quick Start Guide which tells you nothing. When I pulled the adapter out of the USB port it yelled at me, "Whoa there!" And told me I needed to do something with the "files app" before I could just pull the thing out. I don't even know where that is or how to find it. I think I'll just leave the adapter in the USB port and remove the memory card. Sorry. Just mumbling to myself here. 

Sun's coming up and it's a gorgeous morning here! Last few days it's been in the 20's and 30's, which is positively balmy in these parts. 

Here's my latest read. Sideways, of course.
And, a Christmas card Hazel made for me. I asked her what the brown thing was at the top of the picture. (Why is there a cow udder up there?) She said, "Oh. That's the ceiling fan." Hee hee! Nice detail!

Another oddity. When I go to choose a photo to upload they're all mixed up. Photos from last summer mixed in with photos taken a few days ago. It's like looking through a box of old photos in no particular order. Once again, not a huge deal. It just makes me wonder...why?

We had a fun Christmas. Lots of excited grandkids opening gifts. Thatcher really enjoyed his first real Christmas. (He was only a week old last year!) Micah and I totally forgot to take pictures, ha ha! I bet we enjoyed it more without that distraction. 

I hope you all enjoyed family and fun this Christmas. My step-son Trev and his family jumped on a cruise ship and headed to the Bahamas. They're always surprising us!

Love you guys! Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed New Year.
Shalom!


6 comments:

  1. What a splendid white Christmas here in your country!

    Fine to read about Holy Night in the middle of a lot of happy grandchildren! I nearly cannot believe, that Thatcher is already one year old!!! Time goes so fast, I cannot follow :)

    Your funny gnomes are so sweet!

    The black horse is a super funny child in your big family!

    Best wishes and a good and happy and healthy new year - you always are faithful trusting our beloved Jesus.

    Greetings from the Bavarian Forest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa, I'm envious of your Pileated Woodpecker. I have to be content with an occasional Hairy one. He sure loves that suet.
    The cow ceiling fan made me laugh. So cute and she didn't even mind that you didn't recognize it as a fan.
    Have a wonderful and blessed 2020!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I think I just made the udder comment to my daughter. I hope... :)

      Delete
  3. I was excited to see a woodpecker at my suet feeder this week! The first I've seen in many years. Mine is a Nuttall's Woodpecker.

    Merry Christmas, Lisa! God is with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lisa! oh, I know the headaches you're feeling about loading photos! I used to struggle so much when I used a camera and had a cable and (I forget how) transferred them over to my laptop. Now I take the pictures on my phone, and I can access them directly from blogger for my posts. Occasionally I go back onto my laptop and grab a photo from there also, using "upload."

    I think you have to rotate photos before you load them into your post, either on your camera, or if there's a spot on your laptop where they sit first, there might be an edit option? Anyway, it's been fun seeing your pictures! Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)