Thursday, January 16, 2020

Checking in!

Sometimes it's hard to think of anything very exciting to blog about. But that's okay. Sometimes excitement isn't all it's cracked up to be!

We just had about 3-5 inches of snow. Today was bright and clear, and very cold. We just got the driveway plowed and now we're due for more snow tomorrow! Micah and family are driving to St. Cloud tomorrow, about 2-1/2 hours away, for dental appointments for four of the five kids. I'll be praying for safe travel and doing some dog sitting for the day.

I'm still reading the Moshe Dayan autobiography. I finished the Deitrich Bonhoeffer book and began the Mitford series. I've read some of these before, but just realized that this fictional town is supposed to be in North Carolina! I had imagined it to be in New England! I'll have to reimagine it now! ;)
I've been busy helping with grands, helping with AWANA, making ATCs, enjoying cozy reading weather, putting on a couple of pounds and things like that. Hey, look at this...
Well, they're upside down, but they're snowshoes I bought at a garage sale last summer. I haven't worked up the nerve to try them yet, but now would be the time! I've watched tutorials, so I should be an expert, right?

This is the view right now. Glad for the sun, but it was -25 last night.

Micah was decluttering her closets and found this little item that Adam hasn't looked at in ten years. (Yep, GM, it's a mandolin. Didn't mean to be so cryptic, lol.) I have his permission to play around with it. :) No, I've never touched one before, but nothing is impossible with YouTube!
While decluttering she also came up with a box of video games and game systems belonging to Jordan. He asked about them and so I took pics of everything and he'll decide what I should mail to him. He'll probably just sell them. He doesn't seem worried about the postal rates. That stuff must be worth more than I think!

If you dislike looking at ATCs and APCs, now's the time to flip the channel. I know I'm not doing much drawing lately. More cutting and pasting like a little kid. It's kind of fun for the moment. Well, I did do those Tomten cards. I put one in my header today because that snow was making me feel cold. You, too? So, here are my latest cards...

The Collaged House swap:


Forgive me if I've posted any of these in the past. I checked back a few days on the blog to see what I'd posted, but I may make a mistake.


For these APC swaps we decorate a whole deck of cards over a period of about a year. We do the Aces one month, Kings the next, on down the line. Sometimes we'll do two whole decks, each with a different theme. For instance, above you see two full sets of sevens, one with a bird theme and the other with a postage stamp theme. This stamp and bird themed swap has gotten a little complicated because the original host couldn't complete the swap due to family difficulties, so someone else took over and we're skipping around filling in cards where needed. I won't try to explain the details. More info than you wanted, I think!



These 7 and 8 cards will complete this swap. Like I said, it got a little out of order and some cards were lost in the process and had to be redone. Anyway, all done with that one!

The name of the swap below was "An ATCoin on an ATC with an Envelope Security Liner for a Background". How's that for a mouthful? The ATCoin is the circular piece. And, yes, we actually save the security envelope liners to use for collaging, lol. You could do any kind of theme you wanted.



I seem to have run out of new photos, so it might be a good time for a dinner break before delving back into the lives of folks in Mitford...or maybe Israel, depending on what strikes my fancy this evening.

Did anyone read this far? Congratulations!! Thanks for stopping by!
Shalom! :)

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a lot of nice things! ATCs, cards, books to read and things to do! :) I like reading about your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Of course I read the whole post! And now I have to try to remember what I wanted to comment on.
    First of all...is that a mandolin. Youngest son would be ashamed that I don`t know one stringed instrument from another. Anyway, I`ll bet you could learn to play whatever it is by watching a tutorial.
    And..try those snowshoes out and let us know how that went.
    I like the idea of doing collage on decks of cards. Yours are really good, especially like the bird ones.
    The gnome (tomten) in your header is kind of cute.
    Are you still learning another language) For the likes of me I can`t remember which it was.
    My comment is almost as long as your entire post. I`m going now, GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adventurous and also funny, what you tell here! Nice to read you! Your style is very fine happy Lisa-like! :)

    Oh you have really winter!! Here in Europe till now we don't have real white winter. In many regions spring wants to come, and some plants flourish still from autumn and already from spring, I heard from different bloggerfriends in the middle of Germany. Here in the Bavarian Forest we have nice snow in the higher regions, but not so much as usual.

    Lot of ACTS and cards!! :) I did not interrupt and read all your sentences, because it's fine to listen to you and to see the nice pictures you create.

    Many greetings, stay sheltered!

    The blessings are with you and your wonderful family.

    Bonhoeffer really was a holy man in Christ - - -

    Your dwarf-header is marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! I like those playing card ATCs. Wow! The snow! The cold! I hope you do find time to snow shoe and then tell us about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cold and so windy here too, but nothing like what you've got!! January is the time to hibernate, I keep reminding myself. And I'm not going to feel guilty if I can hardly remember what I did all day to keep me busy :) Tis the time of year.
    Yes, Mitford is a remake of Blowing Rock, NC. It's a charming little town in the mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very lovely and quaint. The stone church there really does look like Karon's church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo, dearest Lisa, this I would like to tell you today:

    Thank you, dearest blessed Lisa for following so true and friendly my "secret" informations!

    This pilgrim-way St.Wolfgang was born on accident! :) My friend Hildegard lives
    in a small house beneath the romantic Wolfgangs-Chapel on a mountain. She always said: "There is MORE! There is MORE!" And suddenly we felt the task and started this project in 2002. We did not think, that it would be so great and big! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)