Monday, January 27, 2020

Why didn't I take a picture?!?


Sunrise.
Ha ha. I phoned Micah excitedly this morning telling her to look out her front window. There was a fox making its way up and down the snowbanks toward my place. He was traveling at a leisurely pace and limping a little. The kids got to the window and were chattering in their excitement. (I could hear them over the phone. I think the fox could, too. He kept glancing back over his shoulder!) Anyway, we had a good nature show. :) Did I remember to take a photo? Of course not!

Micah's keeping the kids home this week. There are so many kids out with influenza-B (is that the right name?) they don't see any reason to purposely expose the kids.

The girls and I have had a couple of art get-togethers in the last week or so. Below they were making bookmarks to give to friends. On a previous day they did the paintings. On this bookmark day Audrey and I also played a game of chess. She and Hazel just joined the chess club. Audrey won, by the way. I was so busy chasing her king around I didn't see her pawn right by my king. Now, she did forget to say "check", so maybe that's an important technicality, but she said she didn't notice she was next to the king at first either. Ha! Anyway, there WILL be a rematch! :) (Maybe I'll have a better chance with Hazel!)


Hazel made this one for me!

Audrey made the kitten and Hazel made the chicken. :)
These are 6x6 inches.

Audrey made a nice house which now hangs in her room.
Mark, you had a question about the geography of my house. Here's a picture of the wall that divides my living room from my kitchen. I love how they designed this back in the day. Lots of room for books, a countertop where I throw my purse when I come in and room for a charging station for my phone, Kindle and laptop. Also, lots of storage in the lower cabinets where I keep games and puzzles. Actually, there's lots of empty space down there.  You can see the back edge of my recliner on the right. If you swung to the left you'd see that dining room table where the girls were doing artwork above. The front door is to my left, too, as I'm taking the photo. Confusing? Yeah. (Added a photo.) I really like my trailer.


And since those photos kind of chop things up, here's another view so you can see where I sit and compute/read/think most of the time. My main relaxing spot. :) Micah's house is right out that window.
Speaking of chess, here's our little setup. I've had these pieces for decades stored in a large Ziploc bag. They're nice heavy pieces. The board belonged to my hubby Bob's dad and they played checkers on it when he was a boy. Heirlooms! :) The little rule book was printed in 1967. Glad we had it. We had to look up some info on castling!
Well, I've done a little thrifting lately. I bring some stuff home, then take some back to the thrift store. So equilibrium is being achieved. Trying to consciously get rid of things I don't really need or use, but keep those things that delight and are useful. ;)
I found a couple of cute tea cups. (I always think of Granny Marigold when I buy a cup, lol.)
 I also found this cute little casserole dish that's "just right" for a single person casserole with some leftovers. It's 6.5"x6.5". Cuuute! I also got the little turkey salt and pepper. They were brand new, still in the package. $1!
And a random shot of my colorful dishes. Mostly Pioneer Woman. And my baggy of Sour Patch Kids, lol.
Speaking of candy...I began again on my exercising. I've done a one mile walk with Leslie Sansone (look her up on YouTube) the last two evenings. I know I started exercising a while back, but that only lasted one day. Gotta get out of that comfy chair! Anyway, I'll work my way up to more miles, but right now I need to start easy, I think. This is a great way to exercise for me. No drive to town to the gym. Just get movin'! And it only takes a small area of floor to do this, which is great if your space is limited.
In other news, I did a swap called "Star Wars-Cantina" in which we draw Star Wars characters. (Not necessarily from the Cantina scene.) I've only watched the original movie a hundred years ago, so I just looked up images on Google and came up with these.




I also ordered an older book that Gretchen had mentioned on her blog. I read a sample on my Kindle before ordering, so I hope I'll like it. I do like the old copy they sent! I've taped up the dust jacket, which was falling apart.


I took photos of some journal pages a while back, and didn't get them posted. So, here they are for any who are interested in peaking into someone else's journal. Be my guest! You may have to click on them to make them big enough to read. 






(When I said 11 apostles, I was speaking of those left after Judas left them. I don't know why I said it that way.) 
I always kind of envy those of you who create such artistic journal pages. (Dori and Pom Pom come to mind.) Mine are sort of utilitarian. Just scribble down the thoughts. But I guess we aren't supposed to try to be somebody we aren't, right? That artistic flair just comes naturally to some of you irrepressible folks out there. I'll just have to enjoy your journal pages and keep doing my thing! :)

A recent sunrise.
A quote from brother George, who don't pull no punches. Love him!
As I get older I feel more and more the necessity of reading and meditating on the Word, and praying for all those God has given me as family and friends in this world. Drawing near to Him is our greatest comfort in a world filled with tribulation and hardship. Even when our world seems to be moving along smoothly, someone is going through something hard. Never let up on the prayers! We need each other's prayers so much.

Well, I think I've covered everything I had for now. Thanks so much for being my family and friends and patiently reading all of this. It takes me a lot longer to do the posting than it does for you to do the reading, so maybe it's not so long? :)

God bless all!
Shalom.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I love your home, too! So perfect for you!
    I think the very important thing is to write and write! Write everywhere! Even if our old hands hurt!
    God bless you, good friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the visit to your home and so many things in it, including the grandchildren. Oh, they are so lucky to have a grandma who can play chess with them!! I feel that my ignorance of the game marks me clearly as an inferior mind!

    I love the way that the peninsula-shelf hides much of the kitchen from the living room. These modern open floor plans would not be my first choice; I really liked how my mother's and grandmother's kitchens -- even in humble houses -- had walls and doors that could separate the mess and noise of cooking and cleaning up from the more serene living and dining areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Fearing only lest faith should fail" -- oh, that we all could arrive at that point in our life of faith! What a seemingly impossible thought. Thanks for sharing that.
    I LOVE your sweet home! Thanks for the photos - I always try to imagine how a person's home is laid out from their words, but photos are so helpful. It's good to keep the kids at home, esp. in winter, it's cold, people are so sick. As I say to my kids, "it gives the other kids a chance to catch up," haha :) Stay warm, Lisa. I hope that fox comes back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - meant to say I'm a wee bit jealous of that R. West book! It is lovely, and I'm also going to order one or two of hers, as per GJ's advice. However, I must, must, must finish a few books I'm reading now. My stacks are too high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trailer-home looks so cozy. Lots of room for bookshelves, I like that. I like the peek into your journal too. My handwriting never was great but now has become quite a scribble. Yours is so neat.
    I sure hope you get to see the fox again. I'm glad the grands got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lisa, let's begin with the end of your great post:

    "Never let up on the prayers! We need each other's prayers so much."

    Thank you, Lisa!

    Now some comments from me:

    O you really have a lot of snow!!!! I hope the lonely fox found a good way, and all the wild animals in this snowy region.

    A couple of cups: I follow since some days granny marigolds Blog. I like it very much. I met her from your Blog, because I liked her comment for you :)

    What nice granddaughtes making such fine gems !

    Your rooms have a very fine comfortable living-style!

    I also saw starwars 100 years ago!! :) :) :)

    I also write diary, often I put some drawings to the text. I write diary since about 100 years - - -

    Many greetings and blessings into the growing light from Dori from the Bavarian Forest








    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)