Sunday, July 5, 2020

Happy 4th plus one!

It will seem like the 4th for quite some time in these parts. Our visiting tourists seem to purchase boat loads of munitions and entertain us all summer. ;) Micah and Adam loaded up the kids and headed into town, twelve miles away, to watch fireworks from their car. I sat in my recliner and saw fireworks across the pasture compliments of the neighbors. That was plenty for me...and NO MOSQUITOS! (Except for the ones that sneak into my house every night.)

Micah and Adam just loaded the kids up again and headed to the beach. Not sure which one. I think they have a favorite that's not well-known, and hence is less crowded. The kids did this for a while...
 You suck up water with these little nerf guns. Good way to cool off for those of us northerners who don't have AC.
I awoke at five yesterday morning and was heading to Nevis for a walk on the trail by six. I had a close encounter with wildlife along the way. I was at the junction of the street our old farm is on and the trail. A county road parallels the trail. I looked to my right and saw a little fawn running across the road in my direction. He ran down through the road ditch and I thought, "Okay, he'll see me soon and stop." But he didn't! He ran up the hill to the trail and ran across about 2 feet in front of me! His mouth was open and he was gasping for air. Then he continued on across the horse trail and disappeared down my old street. I didn't see any mother deer. She may have been way ahead of him. At least, I hope so. If he's an orphan, I hope someone will help him. He's in a populated area, so hopefully someone will take notice. All I could say was, "What in the world!" Poor little guy was running for all he was worth. I think he was coming from the lake where he and his mom probably go to drink.
He was headed that-a-way when last I saw him.
That was my excitement for the weekend! Mostly I'm sitting in front of a fan feeling wilted. I have a little window AC, but it's not really designed to cool a whole house. If worse comes to worse I'll set it up in my bedroom and have one cool room at least. We don't usually have enough really hot weather to justify buying a larger unit. This shall pass.

In art-land I haven't been doing an awfully lot lately. I did finish a 5x7 canvas for the monthly trade. I felt like painting a fish, and just the other day I was pawing through a neighbor's Little Free Library and found a copy of the DK Encyclopedia of Fishing with lots of cool pictures I can use for references. My rainbow trout may be a little chubby, but aren't we all? (Some of us?)
These were for a Trash to Treasure swap. The host sent each player an envelope full of paper scraps and odds and ends, and we had to make cards from what she sent. We could add some of our own, as well.


A friend of mine from church was asking for prayer for her son, who has been suffering terribly with some unidentifiable physical illness. He's had to live in a darkened room at his parent's house, while his wife and kids live at her parents', because he can't bear noise or light. This has gone on for several years. Please send up a prayer. God knows who he is. His wife also included these two scriptures in her plea for prayer, and I think they are needed by all of us right now. Isaiah 40:29-31 and James 1:2-4. Being reminded of these scriptures gave me a lift. I hope they do the same for you.

Stay cool!
Love and shalom to all!

4 comments:

  1. That poor fellow. I can't imagine how bleak his life
    ( and his family's) must be.
    I'm glad the wildlife you encountered was a fawn not a bear!! Still, you must have been surprised when it came so close. I hope it will be okay.
    Have a good week and stay as cool as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Dear Lisa,

    First my prayer for this young man. It's hard to imagine such situation!

    I really LOVE Jes. 40,29-31. Once my youngest son was VERY ill. I went into my small church, there i found a small book. I opened this book and came to this part. This was my prayer, and I know, that my son will be healed. So it was. Since this time this illness never came back. It was dangerous -

    Also I appreciate Jakobus,1 very much. A big consolation for hard situations...

    I see you have a very hot time1 I hope, that the mosquitos do not make tooo much trouble in the night!
    The children have their fun.

    Also my prayers for the young fawn.

    The fawn is the Lord's and will never be lost. I can imagine your feelings. Hope it will be safe anyhow. What happened i also ask - -

    Many greetings and blessings to you and to all you have in your praying heart - - -

    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    I remember the wife of our former Bundeskanzler Helmut Kohl (Hannelore Kohl) had whwn she was about 65 years old a similar light-illness . She only could spend her time in a dark room. ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Prayers for your friend's husband.
    I hope your weather cools soon! Ours has been oppressive, too. Argh.
    I think you should move the ac into your room and shut the door so you can get a cool night's sleep.
    love love love
    Oh! I adore the rainbow trout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)