Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Saving Mr. Banks...

I've wanted to watch this movie for the longest time, but was too cheap to rent it through Amazon or go see it at the theater. Imagine my joy when I found it at the local gas station for 99 cents! :)
I enjoyed it so much, and found myself sobbing along with Emma Thompson in various parts. If you haven't seen it, I hope you will!
I babysat Audrey and Hazel for about 6 hours this morning/afternoon. (Mother Micah had a baby doctor appointment. She's hanging in there!) Grandma was getting quite tired after supervising water play in the kitchen sink (for about an hour!) and painting, with acrylics (what was I thinking?). But they are so much fun and come up with the darnedest things to say! We did resort to the TV after a few hours. Sorry...sue me! :) I noticed a couple of knitted potholders in my daughter's house. Sounds like a good next knitting project!

I made a homemade birthday card for Starry when I got home. It's ready to post tomorrow.

And that's why (referring to the babysitting) I felt the need to sit and watch a good movie. Glad I did. ;)

Tomorrow's an early shift for me, so I'll sign off for now. Shalom, my friends, and stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to see this movie in the theater, too, but never got around to it. I'll have to see if I can find it. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to get that movie from the library and enjoyed it immensely. And yes, I cried too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved that movie at the theatre -- a rarity for us. We don't go often, and rarely love the same movie. I know (perhaps) exactly when you're talking about weeping with Emma. I did that at the end, as she sat in her theatre watching her movie, weeping openly, I sat in my theatre watching her weep, weeping openly. She wept in memory. I wept in commiseration. At the same time, I was vibrantly aware of the parallel crying, and faintly amazed that I was being so manipulated by an actress (and the movie-making machine behind her), but I was very willingly manipulated and loved every minute. That's one movie Adam says he would like to own, but like you, we are too cheap and too lazy to go to much expense or effort. If I found it for 99¢, I would snatch one up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)