Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuh-dah!

This is my knitting project so far. I say "project" because I'm not sure what it will become. Any suggestions?

It took me about 35 minutes to get to this point. I think I would enjoy doing this even if it never became anything particular. It's difficult to keep my racing brain "on task", but maybe that's a good reason to do it. Brain training!

I can see why you knitter/crocheters always mention having so many projects stacking up. I'm already looking forward to the next one! The video below shows something I'm interested in trying. The young lady is rather self-conscious in her presentation, but I give her brownie points for sharing her passion for knitting. (She gives a little tutorial on how to do the basic knit stitch before she shows how to make the cool scarf, or whatever it is.)

It's late, so I'll say goodnight for now and shalom to all. :)

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, Lisa! Good knitting! You could keep going and make it into a long and skinny wrap-around scarf! VERY earthy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is very beautiful, and I can feel the wool in my fingers! Great photo, Lisa! Good meditation. I like knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. knitting is fun, isn't it? so relaxing. one winter i made about a dozen scarves...that's all i know how to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good, Lisa! I'm impressed -- ribbing isn't always easy for newbies :) Keep with it! Even a scarf in that stitch would be very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)