Saturday, June 10, 2017

Feeling like Super Girl!

Okay, so that's an exaggeration. But I did finally (after 5 days of laying around) go to the doctor yesterday and he confirmed that I had an infection in my lungs. So, I'm now on a course of antibiotics and am on the mend. Still not dancing around, but I'm feeling better. Enough about that!

My next art project? I'm going to paint a chicken on this...
What is it and why a chicken? (We'll pretend you asked.) I bought a stack of mulberry papers in different colors. They are full of texture. I glued a green sheet on my canvas and then a lavender one on top of it. I kind of liked the effect. My partner for the 5x7 canvas swap this month mentioned that she likes paintings of chickens, so that's what I'm doing. I'm planning on painting a white chicken and using some green or lavender for the shading. We'll see what happens.

These are ATCs I made for the Ballpoint Pen swap. The art was to be done entirely with a humble ballpoint pen.



 We're having a blustery, warm, humid kind of day. I love windy days!
Enjoy your day wherever you are and thanks for stopping by.
Shalom!

5 comments:

  1. I love your pen work!
    I am so glad you went to the doctor and SO glad you are on the mend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your sketches and paintings. If I'm not mistaken those 2 are of the little guy in Where the Wild Things are... Max, was that his name.

    Hope you feel completely better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh super cute pictures! you are doing great! Thank God you went to the doctor - lung infections are nothing to mess with! God bless and continue to heal you!!!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pen drawings and look forward to seeing the chicken. I'm glad you are a bit better and hope your lungs are soon good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work, Lisa! I'm so glad you went to the doctor and that you are on the mend. It's awful being sick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)