Monday, June 19, 2017

Wedding trip!

Micah, Sully and I will be driving down to Minneapolis tomorrow. We'll spend the night there and go to the airport on Wednesday morning to fly to the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport. We'll be gone until Tuesday the 27th. It's a long time for Micah to be away from her girls and hubby, but she seems excited to get to go to her big brother's wedding. Hubby Adam seems confident in his ability to wrangle that herd of girls until she returns. :)

Between Wednesday and Friday we'll sneak in a car trip down to Angleton (south of Houston) to visit my step-dad, Glenn. On the way down we'll stop off and visit with my "little" brother, Mark. It will just be a cup of coffee and a short visit, but we couldn't just drive by so close without seeing him. I think it's been about 37 years since I've seen him in person! We keep in touch via email and phone.
Brother Mark. He told me he'd just come out of his chrysalis. :)

Micah wants to see the ocean, so I think we'll spend Thursday at the beach. Maybe we'll go to Galveston. Of course, we'll have Glenn in tow for lots of good visiting and sightseeing. In the evening we'll try to get in a visit with some of the cousins and my Aunt Dixie at Glenn's house. Haven't seen them in a hundred years, either!

Friday we'll head back up to Ft. Worth where we'll catch up with my two boys,  Jordan and Josh, and their respective sweethearts. Josh and Jess are flying in from Kentucky and I think my step-son, Bob, will be there from Colorado. We'll see if his wife, Tiffany, can make it. I think that's all of our family that can make it. Brooke has family coming from Oregon.

Saturday night there will be a family BBQ and time for everyone to visit and get acquainted with Brooke's family. Sunday morning will be the rehearsal, and the wedding will be at 4 in the afternoon.

The happy couple-Brooke and Jordan. I'm SO EXCITED for them! Jordan was raised a country boy, but boy do they love Fort Worth!
We fly back to Minneapolis on Monday morning, then we will spend yet another night there. On Tuesday morning we'll hop across the border into Wisconsin where Sully has an appointment with a pediatric dentist. We suspect he is "tongue-tied" and will need a quick surgery to snip the little membrane under his tongue. This may be why he's been losing weight. He can't nurse properly and get enough milk. Anyway, we'll find out if that's the case. After that, we'll drive home! Whew!

Prayers for safe travel are much appreciated! I'll see you when we get back! :)
Shalom to all!



6 comments:

  1. What an extremely busy week you'll have. I hope all goes well and that you have a wonderful time. Also hope for lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, have a wonderful and happy trip with your dears and to your dears! The plan sounds really very good! Good time for Adam with his flock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I hope you have a wonderful time! I hope you feel jazzed up and energetic the whole time!
    What a good daddy Micah's hubby is!
    I hope you guys experience lots of group hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a family adventure!! I bet you will be exhausted when you finally return home, and glad to be home ... but oh the joy of being with all those family that you love!! That will be something to cherish. Safe travels to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How splendid! I'll be eager to hear your stories on return...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're having a marvellous trip! So much excitement, so much love x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)