Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Still only 3 walks under my belt, lol...

Not getting in a lot of walks, but I hope that will pick up.

Health-wise, I've taken the simple route (to deal with acid reflux, for any newcomers) and am following a diet that avoids high fat foods, fried foods, acidic foods, citrus fruits, chocolate, caffeine, carbonated beverages, spicy foods and anything irritating like that. After several days I feel pretty normal, stomach-wise. So, I'm going to keep going that way. I've also lost some weight! If I unwisely relax my vigilance and eat something on the no-no list I do feel it, and veer right back onto my course. I don't know if I'll have to do this forever, but it's probably not a bad way to eat. I think I've abused my digestive tract with years of pop consumption.

So, after getting that sorted out, the entire family (me and Micah's family) have come down with bad coughs and fever. I think that's just about run its course as well.

I was feeling guilty for not posting for a while, so I just wanted to drive by and wave, at least.

The only swap I've completed since my last post was called "Invitation to Tea". The subject: teapots.




I just finished reading G.K. Chesterton's Autobiography. I won't say I loved every bit of it. But I do love the man and his witticisms. I would need to have a vast knowledge of English history and politics in order to follow him, but there were many chapters dealing with parts of his life I could understand. I found myself chuckling many times as I read.  Here is one part I really liked. Introverts will understand. ;) (You might want to click on the images to make them bigger. Don't get eye-strain!)

I spent almost 8 hours with Hazel and Adele today. Micah took Audrey to school and then she and Sully went to the last MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting of the year. Adele was still sick and Hazel just didn't want to go. So, we did  a lot of loafing. Well, I did do some dishes and laundry just to help out the little mom, but otherwise we loafed. I got in a little reading and the girls utilized their ipads more than is reasonable, but with Adele being sick, it was the only game in town.

Micah took some photos of the kids the other day. I must have nagged her long enough! Hey, I needed new photos for my sidebar!

Audrey

Hazel

Adele

Sully aka The Bubba Man
Sully's always checking to be sure his belly button is still there, lol.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos of Ravi Zacharias. I admire him so much. He seems to have used the gifts God gave him to the fullest. He's still going strong! He is an excellent apologist for the Christian faith, and I'll probably watch a lot more of his material. I've been watching a lot of this sort of thing lately, but I'm especially impressed with his humility and the loving spirit with which he answers questions from college students. Ravi Zacharias Ministries

A couple of campers have moved into the RV park where I live. Summer must be close!

I'm off to read blogs. 

God bless everyone!
Shalom!

5 comments:

  1. lovely tea pictures! and lovely other pictures of your beloved grandkids! I do hope everyone is fully on the mend now! sickness is no fun! God's blessings to you and a HUG too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics of the grands. One of my grands went through a phase where she just had to keep touching her belly button. We were all happy when she outgrew it. ( The phase, not her belly button).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been remiss in blog-reading with 2 daughters home, plus all the long-distance traveling. Ugh. Sorry you've been sick!! But it sounds good, what you've been doing with your diet and your gut. it's good to fee better.
    Those pics of your grands are truly delightful - what gorgeous kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are having success with your diet and tummy/gastric issues. Losing weight is nice too. I hope you get well from your cold soon too. I like Ravi Zacharias too. He's brilliant and has such a heart for God and people.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)