Saturday, November 10, 2018

Still here!

I noticed it's been a while since I've posted. I've mostly been doing my computing from Micah's and often with grandkids running around. It makes it difficult to concentrate enough to compose a post. But that's okay. I don't  really have a lot of new news anyway!

My furnace hasn't been working well, so I've had guys in a couple of times. They're coming again next week to crawl underneath to see if some critter may have made a nest in the duct work which would decrease the airflow and make the system heat up, causing it to shut off prematurely. (Before reaching the set temp.) So, between the furnace (which works, but off and on) and a space heater I'm able to keep the temp up to 68* when it's in the low teens outside. Hopefully, this will be fixed this next week.

Meanwhile, I'm going to buy some totes and get some boxes and begin clearing out cabinets and packing stuff for moving. The actual move is still several weeks away, but this activity will keep me from thinking too much about the furnace situation. If it looks like they can't fix the furnace for some reason I'm going to request that they set me up in one of their motel rooms until it's time for me to move. (My landlords own the RV Park and a small motel.) In that case, I'll move my packed stuff into Micah's barn (which is heated) until I can actually move into the trailer. Just another growth and learning experience! All will be well!

I just purchased myself two books as a birthday present to myself. Yay! I'll be 62 on the 13th. ;)



Della has developed a mysterious limp in the last few days. Micah took her to the walk-in clinic and they dismissed it as something to do with a growth plate above her knee. Micah then took her elsewhere for a second opinion. The second doctor couldn't believe they just sent her  home the first time! She has a temporary cast (removable) to wear for a week to keep weight off of it. I'm sure it's probably something like a hyper-extended knee. (They took x-rays of her leg and hip, but couldn't see anything like a fracture.) These kids spend all of their time diving off of couches and windowsills, acting like superheroes, so this sort of thing is inevitable. She did enjoy her one-on-one time with Mom! :)
Subway with Mom after the doctor visit!

A recent selfie of Micah. Due at Christmas!

AWANA picture! :)

And now, I'm off to Walmart! (This epistle has been brought to you from the library...)

God bless all, and have a great weekend!
Shalom!

6 comments:

  1. You seem to be so flexible as a mother and grandmother, hopping about from the library to your house to your daughter's, and with many uncertainties even about essentials like HEAT! Very young attitude :-) Happy Upcoming Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, a really very lively and interesting post! Micah is before her 5th birth - what a special situation - also for you, dear Lisa! Best wishes to you all! And then these unnecessary "little" problems.... you solve them all with a great mind and soul! What a Grandma, soon 62 years old - young and flexible!

    Greetings from the Bavarian Forest from Dori

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear! if it does not get better soon, I would do as you have thought, as for a room at the motel! So many changes for you! But God does not change and He will keep being by your side!!! much love to you!!! and happy early birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our house is also kept very chilly and one can always put on an extra sweater. The problem I have is my hands are always so cold. Guess my circulation is not what it should be.
    How exciting that you can foresee the day when you can move. I'm sure you'll be all ready to go as soon as they give you the word.

    Happy early birthday. I always think of you being the age of my little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lisa! I'm behind as usual, in blog reading. I see you're going to read the Touring Through France book. I like it. I'm still meandering through it (at a much slower pace than she did through France, haha), along with a few other books right now. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)