Saturday, March 2, 2019

On a lighter note...

*smile*
Yes, my last post had a lot to do with depression. I had a good cry this morning, which helped. I need to acknowledge now and then that I really do miss those who have gone on ahead to heaven instead of being all "strong" about it. Bob, Mom, Dad, my step-sis, Jill. The "grown-ups" in my life who gave me guidance and support. I'm so glad to still have my step-dad and, of course, my whole family! But it's sometimes a sad feeling to realize you're almost the last of the "older" generation, and when we leave, the kids will have some of these same feelings of not having parents to share their joys and challenges. But I like to think I'll be here a while longer to help in any way I can.

Now for that lighter note! I've been enjoying a beautiful book this morning. This was one of my book sale finds, so it cost me a whole 50 cents! But I see there are lots of used copies on Amazon for about $3.50, which is great for a book that originally cost more like $35! I think all you artists out there will appreciate the beauty of the house being shown. This house was built in Wisconsin for a man who lives and works in Chicago. He owns an advertising agency and has six children and wanted a place they could all gather. He had owned this property for 20 years, but after a visit to Sweden, and seeing the old home of artist Carl Larsson, he knew this was the kind of house he wanted. The house was built not to copy Larsson's house, but with some of the same "spirit". And now I think I know what I want my heavenly mansion to look like!

 The architect is also a professional illustrator, and his illustrations are one of my favorite parts of this book.


 There's a short bit on the history of Carl Larsson's house. Hopefully, you can click on the picture and read the writing. I thought it was interesting. I've read a book about Larsson in the past. He's one of my favorite artists.



 More of the architects illustrations. I LOVE the colors!




 I've always wanted a bed like these!
 The ultimate in hygge!

I also need to do some drawings for a swap called On The Other Hand, in which we're supposed to draw with our non-dominant hand. I'm thinking of copying some things out of this favorite book, which I've shown you before. (You know; the book about ME, ha ha!)




I'm thinking of choosing some of the animals and flora for my left-handed drawing. I love this woodcut look, though my drawings probably won't capture that. They should be simple shapes to draw. I've done this sort of swap before and it was fun!

Well, hopefully today we'll do some furniture moving. I bought a recliner to replace the old one the kids left behind and I may get a futon, too. I think Micah's going to spring the news on Adam this morning, so I hope his calendar is clear to do this. Ha ha. That's the way things roll around here. By the seat of our pants. ;)

My dear son, Josh, and his family are making the move up here next week. Yup. It's for sure this time. They'll be staying with me while they look for a place. They've already got some good leads. Josh is self-employed and can work from anywhere, so that's a huge help. I'm looking forward to spending time with all of them! Jess's parents are selling the farm in Kentucky and aren't sure where they're moving. God seems to be opening all the necessary doors and is making a way for Josh and Jess to move here. We'll keep trusting Him for that! :)

MK, I loved your little washing machine! As I mentioned, we had a tiny washer years ago. Our machine had pooped out and a friend had this one. It was small, but we sure were glad to have it until we could get something bigger. I actually found a picture of it online! It washed in the left side and spun things dry in the right hand compartment. Your new machine looks so sleek in comparison! Memories! :)

It's a sunny, cold day here in the upper half of Minnesota. I hope you're all enjoying your various climates!

Talk to you later! Thanks for stopping by!
Shalom.


4 comments:

  1. I dream about my mom sometimes, and then I realize how much I miss her. I like the Scandinavian House book. Do you ever draw houses or buildings? I like your idea of drawing from the North Wood Girl book. Very charming illustrations. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty pictures! God be with you in all these changes. I totally understand missing those who have gone before. Praise God for Jesus Christ and eternal life through Him ♡♡♡♡ sending you lots of love ♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa, I really can understand, how you feel missing good friends and parents and supporters. How hard! Elisabeth is so right, and I know, you know it!

    You are such a good heart for your family. Always the sea is moving, I see! And the fine ship Lisa always has some good place to find rest and peace. Jesus helps you, it's such a grace to trust him as you do!!
    This Nordic coloured house is beautiful! The sentence of the Grandma there is so fine. She looks a little bit like you or like me with her dress and spectacles and hair :)

    Have a good time on this your blessed place -

    Greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest, still snow in higher regions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that you have more family moving close. I know family can sometimes cause stress, but it is SO much better than family who live far away and really don't want contact. That's heart-breaking. I know you will all find a happy way forward.

    Love the photo of your old machine! What a cool thing.

    Grief is so unpredictable, but I'm glad you let yourself weep. It's important when it needs to come out. It's also okay to not grieve as others sometimes do. We all have our own way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)