Friday, June 21, 2019

Finished a book...

That's all I have to say for myself. :) I found this little copy of Brentwood, which is by Grace Livingston Hill, at the library book sale for ten cents. She writes sweet little old-fashioned romances, so I figured it was something I'd like to read. But look at the cover art! Very 1970's! Someone might have been disappointed to buy this book in 1970, only to find that it was written in 1937! I, fortunately, knew what I was getting, but that sort of marketing technique doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It doesn't become a 1970's book just because they reprinted it then. Oh well. I enjoyed the innocence and old-fashioned language. Good light reading.
I took my daily walk today and went a different direction on the trail. I saw a couple of flowers I hadn't seen going the other direction. This part of the trail is more open, so I guess different flowers like it there. Wish I had my camera. Maybe tomorrow. I tried to look up one of the flowers, but didn't find anything exactly right. They looked like miniature wild roses, but the leaves looked like geraniums. So, they probably are some type of geranium.

Maybe I'll go outside and enjoy the breezy evening or visit neighbor Micah. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that cover doesn't make a person want to buy/read the book. For some reason I think my MIL used to read G.L.H. but maybe I'm mixing her up with a different author. Lately I've started 3 different books only to put them in the 'donate' box. Just couldn't get interested in them. Maybe it's because it's summer and I'd rather be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In high school I had shelves full of Grace Livingston Hill. I loved those books! They really are delightful, tender romances, and at least they weren't racy at all. Glad you enjoyed your walk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)