Monday, June 17, 2019

Robinson Crusoe and other things...

I just finished this little volume of Robinson Crusoe. I saw some reviews saying it's such a BOOOORING book. Oh, it does drag a bit here and there, and things are repeated a bit, but I did enjoy it. Maybe you have to have an interest in survival? I was fascinated by how he figured out how to produce what he needed, and just the fortitude it takes to survive alone for such a long time. And, of course, the spiritual education he received as the years stretched on. There's no copyright date, but I'm guessing the 1950's. The pages are orangey and brittle. I'll keep it on my shelves for its own protection. :)
I took this photo last evening after a thunderstorm had passed over. I think I just missed a much pinker version, but it was still really pretty.
We've sure had a bumper crop of red columbines this year! My yard is full of them and they're very abundant along the trail where I walk. (Of course, I didn't have my camera with me!) I've been pressing a lot of them, and brought in a vase full.

Micah's horse, Dachessa, is looking shiny. I got a couple of shots of her when it was sunny yesterday. Today is grey and occasionally sprinkley.



The Lord has sent me a blessing in the form of an old friend. Kathy and I both homeschooled "back in the day". Our boys played together almost 30 years ago! How can that be?!? She lost her husband 16 months ago and we found each other at church one day a few months ago. We went to some grief workshops together and Sunday School. Yesterday we went out for burgers. It's so nice to have a friend I can really visit with and spend some time with. I was looking for another "grown-up" to visit with, since my main friends around here are my children. They're wonderful, but this is something else I needed. Thank you, Lord!

Pray for me if you think of it. Well, me and this extended commune-like family here in my trailer, along with my neighbors (daughter/son-in-law), whose land we live on. Bless their hearts, lol. It's challenging in little ways every day, but the Lord is good and He's with us. I need to quit trying to figure out how it's all going to turn out. Only God can figure this one out. I try to help by spending some time with Nathan each day so Josh has a little time to do his work. He has so many hats to wear! Anyway, there's no way I can explain it all here, but the Lord knows if you'll just pray. Thanks! I'll be remembering you all in my prayers as well!

Thatcher says, "Hi!" He has two teeth! :)


I'll let you go for now. Thanks for stopping by!
Shalom!

6 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL baby! Praying for you and yours, love your watercolors...I'm envious. Heat and Eat is what I told Dave; we need to be able to Heat and Eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you found your old friend again.
    I'm sure each day brings more challenges for you. It's not an easy situation. Hopefully things will get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are also wearing lots of hats :) I will be praying for you. It's wise of you to know that we can't see the end from the beginning; only God can. It's SO hard to let it go, and just plug away, doing the next good thing, and trusting. May He give you great peace as you take each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you!!! It's not easy to have family situations that are complicated ... keep praying and take breaks as needed!!! I am so glad you have books and art!!! that helps a lot!!! btw, here is where I learned the word twitterpated - from the Bambi movie!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEd25_Mzfjo

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)