Friday, October 2, 2015

Intrigued by a knitting book...

I've been taking a stroll down memory lane via some old emails exchanged between myself and my mom. I'm currently reading emails from the year 2005, and I mentioned to her that I was reading a book called "No Idle Hands: The Social History of American Knitting". I have no recollection of this book, so I jumped over to Amazon and found it. I just had to order it, of course. I thought some of my knitting pals might also be interested.
I'm enjoying an afternoon/evening of "hygge". Thanks for bringing up that subject again, Pom! (Via a Facebook post.) I'll link to that article here so others may enjoy it and get some ideas. :)
Besides working, I've been doing a little ATCing, reading, tea drinking and socializing with daughter Micah and her three sweeties. I finished The Moorland Cottage very quickly. It has a satisfying, though slightly traumatic ending.

Although blog writing and visiting comprise part of my definition of hygge, I think I will end this here and make time for other things. I find my evening disappears quickly when I'm too tuned into my computer. I know you all understand. ;)

Much coziness and shalom to everyone.

5 comments:

  1. I loved that knitting book. I have it on my Kindle app and I have re-read it a lot. It's SO interesting to me.
    Yes, hygge all around! Yay for October, a good hygge month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like watching Neil Oliver in the series called "Coast" and when he was in Denmark either last week or the week before, he talked a lot about this hygge. I love the way the Danes actually pronounce the word. I really like the whole idea of it too. We're all way too busy all the time with no time for coziness (otherwise known as hygge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you really end your Blog? What a pity! I undesrtand,it costs a lot of time. For me it's a special relaxing and communication. I prefer it more than looking TV..

    Greetings and wishes and blessings

    Dori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or did you just mean you end for THIS evening?? Better, I think!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps- Put you on my sidebar so I don't miss any posts- I read from there.

    By the way: IF you have a moment pop by my blog and sign up for a giveaway from my son's newest venture. Looking forward to reading more of your stories in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)