Friday, January 20, 2017

A quick hello!

Howdy!
I've mostly been doing art and watching the inauguration today. I won't opine too much on politics, but I am praying that God will fill our new president with wisdom, and courage to do the right things for our country.

In the arena of art, I finished a few small pieces.

This is a painting on a tea bag. It's hard to see in this photo. It's supposed to be a tree with blossoms all over it. Tea bag painting is a big deal at the ATC site, but drying and emptying the bags is too labor intensive for me. This may be my only attempt!


 One gal asked me to make a bird painting for her.
I'm working the weekend, so I'd better get to bed. I've been enjoying visiting all of you on my blog list!
Have a great weekend!
Shalom.

6 comments:

  1. I especially like your bird painting and the beautiful header/cover/banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo to you, Lisa! Nice new paintings! The little flower-tree is very sensitive! I also like the bird very much. Politics make what they want :) Prayers always are necessary. Have a good time, blessed Lisa! Greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite painting is the simple little one of the coneflower. I am still hoping that some of my prairie coneflower seeds will sprout - but maybe I'll have to put some more in the ground next month...

    Thank you for sharing your creations with us! God bless you, Dear Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea bags??!! Art is already challenging enough without adding that to the mix, haha! I like the flowers. Stay warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post? So... can't you use an unused tea bag that you've emptied instead?
    That tree full of pink blossoms looks just like my Royal Albert tea cup appropriately called Blossom Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the reason you use a used tea bag is so it has some of the stain of the tea which gives it a special "patina". :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)