Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I'm back home!

Hello, all! I'm back in my apartment after about 3 WEEKS living with my daughter and her family. They are such troopers and saints to put up with me that long!

The exterminators came last Friday (April 7) and I moved back in that evening. I have a few new bedbug bites, but they tell me that's normal. There will be a few bugs that live for a while. They will come and re-inspect the place in 3 weeks. I hope this is it for the bugs!

I enjoyed the time with my family, though all of that youthful exuberance can be taxing when you're not used to it 24/7, lol. Two year old Adele is going through a phase of being moody, so she was the main challenge. I also got strep while I was there, and, of course, you don't know you're contagious until it's too late. A couple of the girls got sick later, though not with strep, thank goodness. Audrey missed four days of kindergarten, but her teacher has also missed some days being sick. It seems this year is particularly bad for folks getting sick. Are you guys getting that?

But I do love those kiddos...
I took Hazel's picture...

...and then she took mine!

Adele on the new bike/scooter she got for her birthday.

Audrey home from school sick.

Bouncy little Sullivan, aka Bubba.

 
And here's my baby holding her baby.
As you can see from the photo of Micah and baby Sully above, things haven't greened up yet in our neck of the northern Minnesota woods. We do have a tinge of green grass and some buds. I think a little rain and some sunny days will cause all to bust out in greenery very quickly. Birdies are finally coming to visit my feeder again. I've seen blue jays, a robin and a purple finch, along with various sparrow types this morning.

Here's my high-tech bird feeding system...
Yup, it's a shoe tray. I can get by with this because I'm on the second floor and squirrels can't get to my balcony, lol. I also have a hanging bird feeder right above it for the shy birds. I'm still deciding on whether I want to bother with a hummingbird feeder. It's more stressful than pleasant to watch them fight over it, and they totally ignore the flowers. Speaking of which, I'll soon be emptying the flower pots you see above.

I used a sheep manure mixture in my pots last year. Just trying to be different, I think. Many of my plants turned yellow. So, this year I'll try something else. Potting soil? Topsoil? What do you guys recommend for containers? I'm going to stick with some simple annuals. I do use Miracle Grow, but I'm probably not consistent enough with it.

I brought home a couple of thrift store items this week. A little patio table...
...and a little chair which I thought would be good for doing chair yoga. My other chair has arms on it and doesn't work so well for the yoga.
I've finally begun walking on the trail near my apartment. I have one route that is 2.2 miles long and another that's 2.4 miles. I'm alternating and walking every other day. I hope to do some yoga and small weights on the other days. I'll also find some other good walks around town. I like to have some variety.

Otherwise, I'm trying to catch up on some ATC swaps. My new one-month-long job starts tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.

I don't know about you all, but I don't know how anyone does this thing called life without Jesus. He is our only real hope and the only thing that makes it all worthwhile. Yes, our kids and family are so precious, but without Him we would have no hope to share with these loved ones. I'm so thankful for Him and I have to keep my eyes on Him when everything seems to be going wrong. Keep your eyes focused on Him and keep your thoughts on things above. Satan will try to pull you down with everything he can think of, but don't listen to him. God is good and faithful. Keep on following Him!

It may not be Easter yet, but He's already risen! Woo hoo!

Love y'all! Shalom to all!

7 comments:

  1. I am on my third Sickness Event since the new year! This last one I picked up from my grandchildren and it is a doozy of a cold. Edith Schaeffer says that when we take care of each other during sickness we are providing "shelter in a time of storm." This is when I am most glad I have a home. I haven't ever been sick so many times in quick succession.

    You must be over your strep, if you are enjoying your walks. I'm glad to hear you have some signs of approaching spring. I love your Eastery background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how else would we get by without our Christ!!! I hope you have a wonderful Easter! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa,
    first: a fine spiritual header!

    The bugs are away now, finally1 After some bid distress I'm sure you can say, that their positive "present" are valuable scenes with your most lovely children! So heartful photos!

    Have a blessed time especially during this spiritual week, dear sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just today I took down my hummingbird feeder, washed it, and put it away. Lately there have been no hummingbirds coming around and I dislike the drip of sugar water on anything below.
    I hope all goes well at your new job. You seem to be on the mend after your colds. I do hope all the bedbugs are gone for good now. No more bites!!
    Have a blessed Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Jesus! Just Him!
    I'm glad your bugs are conquered.
    Happy Easter, dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, Lisa. Jesus is our all in all. I just got back from a very meaningful Good Friday service. I look forward to seeing family on Easter. Yay! the bugs have been defeated. I hear they spread so easily. How did you avoid taking any stragglers over to your kids' house? My problem, being south, is ticks. I have had a really bad reaction to one I found on my shoulder 2 weeks ago. I took meds for a week. They enjoy me as if I were ice cream or chocolate candy! I just purchased a spray bottle of OFF even though I hate wearing DEET. I can't afford to get another bad reaction. Enough of me. I wish you a very happy Easter, which I am sure will be spent with one of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, He is risen - every day!!! Welcome home, Lisa. Sorry for those long weeks, but so glad you could spend them with family. Who knows? Maybe one of your grands will esp. remember these weeks in some way? For the plants, I would just buy a bag of good potting mix, if you can't get some good home-grown compost with worm castings. Some things are just too "green" when you get manure, and they burn the plants. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)