Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A bird, a house and a procedure...

No internet all day! Finally, it kicked in this evening, so here I am. :)

I got a visit from a pileated woodpecker a couple of days ago. They are one of my favorite birds! There were actually two of them, but I only got photos of one. They're kind of fuzzy, but it was exciting to see it so close!



I wish I had been able to catch him in flight. He's much larger than he looks here, but my camera isn't capable of catching anything moving.

My son-in-law, Adam, and his dad have been working evenings and weekends on a new house for my kids. I promised my step-dad some photos and finally remembered to take my camera along to my daughter's house! This may prove boring for some of you. Sorry! It's kind of confusing with all the wall studs, but hopefully it shows something about their progress.

This is the front of the house, facing south. The two windows on this end are Sully's bedroom (left) and the girls' bedroom on the right.

The back of the house, north. There aren't many windows on this side. Just the sliding glass doors to the dining room area and a small window way at the other end in the mud room.

This is looking through the big back door into the living/dining area.

This is the door into the mudroom on the east end of the house. See the small north window on the right? They're eventually going to attach a garage on this end.

This is looking in through the mudroom door. There is a pantry and laundry room on the left, I think. (I get confused about what's what with all the little stud compartments, but I have a copy of the plans below. Hopefully you can see what's what there.)

Here I'm standing in the living room with the front door to the right. Straight ahead is the master bedroom The ladder is blocking the doorway. That's the front door frame leaning on the wall. It has the glass on both sides of the door. They paid $15 for it at a garage sale! Micah and Adam have a walk-in closet and bathroom.

Here I'm looking the opposite direction at the kids' rooms. There are two bedrooms and a bathroom in that end. The living area is right in front of me. There will be a fireplace to the left.

Here I'm standing by the front door looking out the back door. (See the barn?) The dining area and kitchen will be over there.

Here I'm by the back door. The kitchen and mud room will go down that hallway to the rear. Part of the kitchen will come out around this corner.

This is looking out the front living room window. The fireplace will be to the right of the window.

I THINK this is looking through the walls at Micah and Adam's bathroom and closet, with the bedroom in the background.

Another view from the front door to the back door.

Front of the house to the left.
As for the "procedure" part of my post, I have an appointment tomorrow to see my doctor in preparation for a colonoscopy next week. I'm a couple of years overdue for one. Just routine. I'd appreciate prayers that all will go like clockwork. It's always a little strange to be put under general anesthesia, so prayers for skill for the anesthesiologist and the doctor would be great. And a good report! My doctor is 73 years old, but seems to have steady hands and lots of experience. ;)

It's getting late so I'd better sign off for now. Thanks for reading all of this!
Everyone keep on enjoying Christmas preparations!
Shalom to all! :)

7 comments:

  1. I would be completely stunned to see one of those woodpeckers!

    I enjoy seeing the framing of a new house. We were just talking last week about how at that stage a house never looks like it is going to be big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the woodpecker! Isn't he stunning!
    Woo hooo for the house! It's going to be so nice!
    No worries about "the procedure". It's a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa, best wishes for the colonoscopy. You do well to make this, and your doctor seems to be best experienced. my prayers for you to be soon happy about good finish of this 2duty".

    This new house looks marvellous1 i can imagine, that there is good living1

    What a seldom and nice-coloured bird on the tree1 We also have one in te garden who is coming to the bird-food-place of the same kind, but smaller. I love birds very much!

    Greetings and blessings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you included the blueprint; I was getting confused by all the walls/studs. It's always exciting when a house takes shape. DH built this house that we live in now almost 40 years ago. Before that he built 3 that we lived in just until it could be sold then started all over again.

    The Pileated Woodpecker is one very impressive bird!! We were fortunate to have a pair nest in an old tree near one of our previous homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at house plans! It will be full of laughter and love, I'm sure. Good luck next week- you can promise yourself a nice festive treat afterwards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pileated woodpecker is so cool. I've never seen one. It reminds me of a very good movie we just watched called The Big Year -- about birders who count as many bird species as possible in one year. It's a kind of contest. Funny and good.

    The house looks like it's going to be just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at house photos, house construction, blue prints, etc. So exciting! Congrats and kudos to them for the hard work and flexibility required to do all that. I do hope your procedure goes perfectly smoothly. Adam had one recently. Seems as if everybody is doing the colonoscopy thing, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)