Saturday, November 4, 2017

Just fell back...

Voila! I have a whole extra hour to stay up. Well, I'll probably regret it if I do, but...

I just wanted to post a movie suggestion for all of you anglophiles out there. I just watched a 2004 movie called Carrie's War. It's based during the blitz of WWII. It follows two children who are sent to the country. It was pretty good! It looks like there was a series by the same name in 1974. I'll try to link the movie below, if all goes well. These links don't always stick.


Then, in the right-hand column I saw Goodnight, Mr. Tom, which I believe was good. I watched it a couple of years ago. I probably learned of it from one of you. It's the same basic theme. Child evacuees during WWII.



Son-in-law, Adam, bagged a buck deer this morning! Sounds like deer are abundant this year, so he got a bonus tag and will try for a doe tomorrow. I hope he gets one. The venison in the freezer really helps with their big family. In this area whole families go hunting because they really need the meat, not just for sport. It's a real blessing when the hunt goes well. I'm in awe of the teen-age girls and little old ladies who go out and do their part. I've never hunted myself, but Bob did when we were first married. Praying that everyone stays safe.

Yeah, I think I'm ready for bed, ha ha. Goodnight all and shalom!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a blessed Sunday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the movie recommendations.
    I set my clocks back last night before I went to bed. Awoke at 5 this morning. It will take a while to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam is looking up Carrie's War right now, and we'll watch it tonight. I know I saw it on Youtube, on the line-up, but have not watched it yet. Thanks!
    I'm also proud of these families that hunt for meat for their families. It is an honorable tradition. I'm not much for hunting for "sport" -- what is fun about killing a living creature? But for food, good, fresh food, in these times of economic difficulty? I think it shows excellent thrift and skill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a lot of families who hunt and eat the meat also, it's a blessing that way! God bless and keep them all safe!!! and God Bless YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)