Thursday, November 23, 2017

A creche crush...

Our Chinese dinner didn't pan out. Apparently, the folks at the Super Buffet decided it was about time they gave their employees the day off on Thanksgiving! Well, good for them! :) We ate at Country Kitchen instead and the kids loved their pancakes with a chaser of Oreo sundaes. Can you say sugar high? Well, it was a meal they all approved of.

So, now I'm rushing onward to Christmas! I don't intend to do a lot of extensive decorating. I think my tiny dwelling needs some scaled down decor. I've been collecting creches for a few years. I don't have a huge collection, but maybe just enough to fill some space on my counter. So, I'll be doing some decluttering to make room for them.

Meanwhile, I'll put a manger scene in my header...and here!
Blessings and shalom to all!

9 comments:

  1. Your creches are so lovely! It's hard to tell their size but once you have them on your counter maybe you'll post another picture. How are they lit up?
    I once aspired to a collection of creches but had to abandon the idea because of room. The lack of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I misspoke! I thought the word creche was interchangeable with a manger scene. The two pictures I have up are just pictures of manger scenes. I corrected my post. ;)

      Delete
  2. OH LISA!!! I LOVE THIS HEADER!

    You always have so good inspirations, blessed sister in Christ! Wishing you nice decorations in your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dori! So do I! I think I may have used it last year, but a good thing is worth doing more than once, right? ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw! Bummer about the Chinese food but you improvised!
    All of a sudden I am in the mood to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want to see a post of all your creches! Such a sweet aspect of the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are of the Ben Franklins variety, but I think it's fun to find them. I even got one from the Dollar Store! I'll have to put them on here soon. :)

      Delete
  5. I have one creche and I love to set it up. It's very small and unbreakable so even little hands can enjoy it. I'll be back to see yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)