Thursday, November 16, 2017

Lazy days...

It seems like just as you get over one bout of having a cold, another is waiting in the wings. Not really sick; just enough to kill all ambition!

So, I've been napping a bit, drinking lots of coffee, tea and hot chocolate and reading and watching YouTube. I managed to go to church to help with AWANA and help Micah out with the kids a bit, but artwork isn't appealing except for dreaming up things to do "some other time". Just sort of a scratchy throat and being tired. Of course, I've caused some of this by making unwise decisions like staying up late watching movies, lol. That hasn't helped. Anyway, I'll stop whining.

I'm off to watch the grands while Hazel has her last night of gymnastics. It's parents' night, so Micah and Adam will both go along.

I just started the fifth book in Madeleine L'Engle's quintet-An Acceptable Time.
Here's a little artwork I did in the last couple of weeks.


 And some out of focus pics of a blazing sunrise over my neighbor's house the other day.

Gotta run! I'll check in on everyone later. Shalom! :)

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'm sorry you're under the weather again. Last night I felt a little bad tickle in my nose - drainage, and then a scratchiness in my throat. I drank lots of thyme tea, and I also took lots of vitamins. I felt better after that and was able to do lots today. Will continue the regimen tonight and in the morning. I don't want to be sick for Thanksgiving!!!

    Your art looks very pretty. Love that elegant dove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have another cold. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you're feeling a bit under the weather
    ( where did that expression come from anyway?) I hope you kick those germs soon.
    I just checked and I have that Madeleine L'Engle book but it's been a long time since I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art work is wonderful. I love the napping cat. And those sunrises are begging to be painted. I stay up late either reading or watching tv, but I sleep till 7:30 or 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon!!! That's no fun! Take good care! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)