Friday, March 2, 2018

Dreamin'...

I see many of you are seeing the dawn of spring. Well...we will be enjoying snow for a bit longer, I think. Here are the views outside my window this morning.


The snow has actually melted quite a bit. So nice to see temps above freezing! Warmer temps also bring us a lot of snow in March and April, but the end is in sight! Up north we always rejoice at getting through another winter! :)

I find that my craftiness, lately, has taken the form of looking at other people's craftiness more than making anything myself. Watching knitting videos...

...and being inspired to try sewing some simple clothes by seeing these patterns on Pom Pom's blog!

I don't even have a machine, but I might just get one...some day!
Dori inspired me to pick up my pen and sketchbook and try my hand at drawing a complex scene like this! (Drawing from Dori's blog.)
I've also been collecting images of fish. I have a fascination with drawing and painting fish. I haven't done many, but I hope to do more. One example...(From Google.)
The only original art of my own I have to share today is my latest attempt at a stamp, lol.

MK, I'm excited to see how your kitchen is coming along! Here is a little drawing of my someday dream "cabin". (Click on pic to make larger.) You have to have a dream!

Well, I was just checking out everyone else's blogs and wanted to refresh mine as well. Time for bed,I think! Thanks for all of the inspiration you folks give me. Some day I'll have the energy to pursue some of these things. But in the meantime, I'll enjoy watching everyone else! :)

God bless and shalom! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Still snow here and just a wee bit of melting. More snow is in the forecast. I like your cross stamps. Your dream plan, dream house looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snow looks pretty.... for January maybe! Hope it goes soon.
    Your little sketch shows that you have planned so you have everything you need. I like to look at those 'tiny houses' on Pinterest and marvel how much can be done with so little space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dream place! Love the Cross stamp!!! Sorry for the low energy, hope you feel better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your stamp, Lisa. You are getting quite good at this carving skill. Do you still have all 10 fingers? There are definite signs of spring here but the wind of the last several days knocked out my power for almost 3 full days. Bye bye freezer foods. I did manage to get ice and save the milk, yogurt, mayo, etc. Just got power back at 3:30 today. I hate to go to church after a bath in a cup of expensive bottled purified drinking water! When the power goes, I lose water, lights, phone, tv, computer, heat. I did use the propane fireplace logs so the house never got below 57°.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Dori from the Bavarian forest and thank you for being inspired from my drawing and for the present to post it! From snow to snow, from art to art, from heart to heart your Dori, sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I think your little cottage looks just perfect -- everything you need, close at hand. A wood stove! That sounds so, so nice and cozy. We are cold again, forecasting an inch of snow tonight !!
    I've enjoyed some of the videos that Flower Lady shared on her blog of an Irish lady with an old cottage and such a garden. Flower Lady enjoys the outside, but you know me ... I love her tours of the cottage. You should go check her out -- pleasant, soft voice and lovely old cottage ideas. Look up Bealtaine Cottage on youtube, if you haven't already. I personally LOVE the look of the stamps you're doing. I love the soft edges and muted, old effect. Creativity is composed of times of thinking/inspiring/planning, and times of doing/creating. Don't apologize for being in that first, essential time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)