Monday, March 26, 2018

Whaddaya know? Snow!

Well, only about 6-8 inches. I didn't have to go anywhere, so I just enjoyed it and went out and unburied my car when I was sure it was finished. Micah's family was having another round of being sick so they all stayed home, too. I'm sorry they were sick, but it was a good day for staying home!


These tree branches usually hang at about the top of my windows and I can see under them.

I got this cleared off.
 I've just been doing some reading, drawing and lots of video watching. Today I didn't have the option of going anywhere, so I'm glad I was well supplied with things to keep busy.

I've been making some bookmarks using my stamps. This first one came out kind of blotchy, so I'll probably keep it for myself. Someone asked what PLUMHILL means. That's just the user name I use at my ATC trading site, so I put that on the back of my cards so people know who gave them the card. We used to call our little place Plumhill Ranch, so I used that as part of my email address, and then it just seemed easier to use it for a name on computer forums.

Front of the bookmark

Back of bookmark.

Fronts

Backs
So, that's what I've been messing around with. I have a couple of new swaps in the works. One is sea creatures and the other internal organs. Yeah. Believe It or Not.

But now, I have some important reading to do. I shouldn't leave my Bible reading until late evening, but I tend to do that. I'm also reading:
I started this book ages ago and then put it aside. I thought it was time to try it again, so I'm starting over.

I just finished:
I loved listening to Ken Robinson on TedTalks, but this book was SO DRY.  I was halfway through it before I realized I was hating it. I just finished it because I'm doing the Goodreads Challenge and I thought I might as well get credit for it. Sheesh.

I also have this book requested at the library:
Gotta balance out my non-fiction and fiction!
I'd better get along and do some reading before bedtime. Y'all stay dry and warm!
Thanks for stopping by!
Shalom.




5 comments:

  1. 6 to 8 inches of snow sounds like a good dump to me! Isn't this an unusual Spring? Here it has once again rained relentlessly all day. The forecast is for this to continue tonight and all day tomorrow before we get a break.
    Like you I find things to keep busy with and now that M is home on Spring break I'm spending most of my afternoons with him.
    Take care and keep cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow - this heavenly white miracle also here in Bavaria is still not finished...
    A special before-spring in this March 2018!

    I love your wonderful stamps VERY much! Big talent! Greetings from the Bavarian Forest with snow in the higher regions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 to 8 inches of snow is deep enough to make ICE CREAM! YAY!
    So did you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a good deal of snow! nice bookmarks! Plumhill sounds cozy and warm to me! I hope you have a peaceful evening!!! God bless!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bookmarks are really nice -- I love the look they have. The owls are great. I love the one in my Bronte book (which, yes, I'm still reading, haha!) I had to giggle at your words about the Robinson book. Why DO we keep reading things when they're making us miserable? I don't know. I'm trying to break that habit, but it's a tough one! That's some heavy snow, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)