Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Dead deer in the middle of the road...

Yeah. Yesterday morning, while it was still fairly dark, I was driving to Micah's to pick up the girls for school. In the left lane I saw a deer someone had just recently hit. They just left it in the middle of the lane! It was dark enough that it wasn't visible until you got right on top of it. I figured it might not be good if someone hit it at 55 mph, so I got out and dragged it off the road. Only the second time I've done that in my life, lol.

Otherwise, things have been slow on the home building front. It will get done eventually, but the electricians keep having to come back to finish up various jobs before the electrical inspection can happen, and there are loads of other piddly things to finish. Adam's working hard after his regular work, but it takes so long with one guy, though his dad helps when he can. Patience!

We've all been taking turns having colds and Micah's family has been going through a pink eye epidemic. Thankfully, some of us have avoided it.

Micah's still hanging in there, baby-wise. She's at the midwife's as I type getting her regular check and a chiropractic treatment. Those have helped a lot. She's getting around pretty well these days.

I've been revisiting Wind in the Willows and reading a book called Fervent, about prayer, which our ladies' Bible study group is using.

I'm babysitting, so I won't stay long. I hope everyone is having a nice, cozy Christmas!
Shalom, all!

6 comments:

  1. Dragging that dead deer off the road so no one would hit it and perhaps have an accident was definitely your good deed of the day.
    Pink eye isn't something one hears much about these days. M has, of all things, Ringworm. Another rather rare 'disease'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great deed to put the poor deer beside the street. Not only to exclude accidents, but also a kind of respect for this by the Lord beloved creature like all, HE creates!

    I see, all things going on here in your family are exciting as always!

    I wish Micha's family to get healthy with the eyes.

    Stay strong and happy, brave good Lisa, heart of so many wonderful persons around you and more!

    Have a blessed time and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Greetings from the snowy Bavarian Forest from Dori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you guys are all so excited for the birth! Prayers for Micah.
    I'm impressed that you pulled the poor deer off the road. Go, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH dear, that would be scary to have the deer newly dead in the road! scary to hit too! Wise to move it but my goodness, what a big job to do by yourself! Heavy I would think! I hope you all feel better and have a healthy Christmas and a safe delivery for your daughter and all things needful be provided!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are posting these pictures from Wind in the Willows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)