Tuesday, December 18, 2018

It happened!

This is Micah in labor...
 This is what a home birthing tub looks like.
 This is Millie, the doula, and Molly, the midwife. Cool ladies who know what they're doing.

 The original plan was to take the kids to "Other Grandma Lisa's" house before the birth, but plans don't always work out. Fortunately, three of the kids slept (the baby was born at 4:55 a.m.) until the baby was born, and then their daddy woke them to come and see their new baby BROTHER. Sully, of course, woke much earlier, and I had to try to keep him entertained in the living room. He did manage to visit mom a couple of times before the baby was born, but I distracted him with cartoons when the real labor set in. Micah is blessed with short labors. She went into labor at about 1:30 a.m. (didn't expect it to happen THIS night) and gave birth at 4:55 a.m. She only had about 5 minutes of really hard labor at the end.

The new brother is named Thatcher Charles, the middle name in honor of his great-granddaddy. He was 7 lb. 12 oz. and 21.5 inches long. He has quite a bit of dark hair. We look forward to the many adventures of Sully and Thatch!
I went home later, after dropping the girls off at school (Boy, did they have fun telling everyone!) and couldn't go back to sleep. So, instead, I put up my Dollar Tree Christmas tree. I'll take pics later. Now I'm back at Micah's to use the internet. The four older kiddos are now at "Other Grandma Lisa's" (and Grandpa Ken's). So, Micah and Adam will have a fairly peaceful evening.

In other, less important, news:

Here's my latest knitting project. I just saw this yarn and thought it would make a cute scarf.
I'm such a beginner! I think I always will be. ;)
 I found two cute tablecloths at Walmart. One was 50 cents; the other a dollar! I know they're Fall/Thanksgiving-ish, but they're still colorful and cute.
 This is a cute candle which was one of the gifts given to our church's widows at our annual Christmas lunch. I wasn't able to go because I was sick, but they saved me a bag full of goodies. Such nice ladies! The candle has holly leaves and cranberries in it, and then is filled with water and the candle is set on top. Cute idea!
 Well, that's all for now. Just wanted to make the big announcement! Everyone have a blessed Christmas if I don't post before then!
Shalom!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the pic of Ratty and Mole!
    YAY for a new baby! I love the name Thatcher!
    Prayers for Micah!
    Congratulations, Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Wind in the Willows TODAY!!

    Congratulations to Micah and Adam on the birth of this darling new baby boy. 7 lbs 12 oz is a nice size. He looks super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Grandma Lisa! And you're the only one I know :-)

    What a great blessing, to have the water birth, the skilled midwives, YOU there, the timing pretty perfect, etc etc. Sigh.

    I hope you are sleeping tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I am so very happy for you all!!!! how wonderful!!! Thank God!!! Big HUGS and hope you have had some rest now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O LORD! What a wonder! And this before Christmas!! Tears come into my eyes seeing this universal miracle! And the other children were nearby! WONDER-FUL! WHO has such courage and love!!So blessed, that Micah had not so long pains. And the family around was doing good supports!
    DEAR LISA! You are a blessing! I can imagine your feelings trying to calm down Sully!

    The new baby looks very beautiful! He has an amazing name!

    CONGRATULATIONS and MERRY CHRISTMAS from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT A POST!! VALUABLEST!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you, Grammy, and all of the family members on welcoming Thatcher into the world. How exciting. The best gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Micah is a trooper! I know you are a huge help to her. She must be a ' dab hand' at mothering by now.😁 love that last pic. Is that Ratty and Mole, sleeping at Badger's? Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)