Tuesday, February 26, 2019

International foods...

Gretchen's post about Japanese tea reminded me of a couple of other international foods I had seen today. Isn't it fascinating to see what people from other cultures eat? And yet, to them it's very ordinary, or, in the case of this fellow from Norway, even boring... (I thought this was very funny. My husband's mother was Norwegian, so I was very interested. This man has lots of videos making fun of how things are done in Norway, but I can't guarantee they are all clean.)



An Israeli company advertised this on Facebook. Bamba peanut snacks. Apparently, these will be carried by Walmart. I'm going to look for them and try them. One more small way to support Israel.
 And sticking with the international theme, here's a video about the art of Japanese packaging. I watched this a long time ago and found it fascinating!


I've had a day full of running around doing errands (oil change, shopping), a little bit of babysitting, buying a recliner, laughing a lot at the antics of Sully.  Now I'm just vegging. We had a tiny bit of snow. Not bad.

I'm going to return to reading blogs. I just wanted to share these little thoughts because I know you are all curious about the world we live in, and sometimes it's just fun to learn about other people.

God bless and shalom to all!

2 comments:

  1. One of the things I wonder about Brexit is whether it will make us eat less internationally- because we'll have to buy local. This would not be an entirely bad thing? I do also wonder if we should be planting some potatoes- the archetypal Irish local product. Traditionally they have to be in the ground by St Patrick's day, so we'll need to scurry/scurrify!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a funny video! Endearing. I like other cultures too. ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)