Thursday, August 15, 2019

A little thrifting...

Very little, actually. I happened to be in Park Rapids (the slightly larger town 12 miles from home) and Micah called and asked if I'd check out a big rummage sale that was going on at our fairgrounds. I wasn't even aware of it, but said I'd be glad to. She asked me to be on the look out for some end tables and that sort of thing. Well, they had a small selection of very old-fashioned furniture. Not what she was looking for. She was glad she hadn't made a special trip and unloaded all the kids to check it out herself. I, of course, managed to find a few things.

There's a little church cookbook that has some old recipes and notes clipped inside. Love that! Also, an atlas with nice maps. (Collage!) The little wooden car and baby puzzle squares begged to be taken home to the grands. Then I went through the books. There was quite a nice selection, but I settled for one little cozy mystery. (I have SO MANY BOOKS!) After the rummage sale I went to the thrift store (just across the highway) and found three rubber stamps (not shown) and a pair of plastic (nylon?) knitting needles. (For that knitting I do every couple of years, lol.)
Besides the cozy mystery, I'm currently reading this... (Just a few pages a day. If I stick with it it will take me a couple of years to finish. We'll see..) Just so I can say I did!! (Or not.)
Well, almost time to babysit the grandgirls. Micah and Adam and the boys are running to Brainerd to pick up a desk Micah spoke for.

I'll talk to you later! Shalom, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. War and Peace!! There are some books I've vowed never to read, and that's one of them ... not because it's not a wonderful classic (and I bet a great story) but because of the length. If I read that, I'd probably not get around to any other book the REST OF MY LIFE. Haha :)

    Raining here. snoozy day. writing. I think next I will knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good way to attack a l-o-n-g book. I've never read War and Peace. I am in the middle (40%, so my Kindle tells me) of a 1000+ page book on WWII myself. I already got almost this far many years ago and gave up; this time I'm not going to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)