Thursday, August 8, 2019

The Sisterhood of the Broken Arm...

Hazel used to envy Audrey's cool pink cast a couple of years back. But she wasn't ready for the event which initiates one into the sisterhood of the broken arm. Ironically, Micah and Adam had just taken the kids' bunk beds apart and placed everyone's twin beds on the floor, fearing that someone might fall off of a top bunk and...do exactly what Hazel did. Apparently, one doesn't have to fall far to break an arm. Of course, Sully was in on the action. He head-butted Hazel and sent her flying off the end of her bed, which is all of a foot off the ground. (Or however high twin beds are.) She instinctively tried to catch herself with her right hand, and completely broke both bones in her right forearm. Micah was actually sitting on the bed with her back to Hazel when it happened. Hazel, Micah, Audrey and Adele were all screaming hysterically for a few seconds. Then Micah regained her composure and called me (next door) and asked me to come help because Hazel had broken her arm. I ran over and so did Micah's EMT sister-in-law, who was a mile down the road. There was a bit of chaos, some shock and tears, but Hazel was eventually whisked off to the ER, while I babysat Sully, Audrey and Adele. Micah's mother-in-law met them at the hospital and took care of Thatcher while Micah was with Hazel. Poor Hazel was asking if she was going to die, or would they cut her arm off. Yikes. Kids have big imaginations! So, everyone reassured her and prayed for her a lot. Micah said once they were at the ER Hazel handled things like a pro.

Hazel decided on an orange cast.
 The next day she went back in to have the cast adjusted because her fingers were swollen. She may go back in tomorrow to have it rewrapped. Somehow this photo got "flipped". It's really her right arm.


Like Micah said, "It takes a village." I think our family qualifies. (And Sully only has about a month to get over his terrible twos, ha ha.)

Josh and family are the new owners of a Dodge Caravan, so we all have wheels again. Yay!

I went in for a nerve conduction study, which involved little electric shocks and then some needles placed in various spots up and down my arm and neck. The doctor said he saw no signs of any pinched nerves, but I may have some carpal tunnel problems in my left wrist. Nothing too debilitating yet. Anyway, I think it all boils down to waiting and letting it heal by itself. I only have some tingling now and then in my arm and hand. It does seem to be improving slowly. I'm tired of talking about it, so I'll be quiet about it now, lol.

I'm going to go see if you guys have some more interesting news. :)
Shalom for now!




7 comments:

  1. How wonderful that there was so much help at hand when the broken arm incident happened!! These things happen for sure! God bless you all!!! Such a cute bunch of grands you have! I am happy to hear again how you are doing on the arm/hands issue. It impacts you and your friends, all of us care about how you are doing :) Sending you a HUG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Broken arms are painful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hazel, she is so brave and does really not look bitter! Best wishes for healing soon! The orange colour is very attractive. Good choose! What a fine girl she is!!!

    According your neck-pain: Do you get here VOLTAREN Creme? I use this several times a day, and my eternla nerve-pain in my foot gets better. I have this tip from a friend with problems in her shoulder,it healed.

    We also like to use the African sentence: "It takes a wholel village to educate a child." :)

    many greetings and blessings, your sister in Christ dori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO happy they got a minivan! Our Caravan has been an excellent vehicle. About 270,000 miles and going strong.

    So sorry about Hazel's arm! I was rather confused at first, about which arm it was :) Afraid they'd put the cast on the wrong one, haha! It does take a village, and those who don't have a village do truly feel the lack, I think. I'm glad they have YOU.
    Take care of that left wrist. Yes, those kinds of injury take a long time to heal, esp. nerve stuff. Go easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW DR. UNEME brought back my ex lover unemespellben@gmail.com
    Am DONNA, am from UK. After been in a relationship with my Boyfriend for 1 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl. of a truth, I really love this guy and never can I imagine life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, I came across some Testimonies on a website about this great spell caster called (Dr. UNEME) any persons claimed that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex lover back, I had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in three days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after three days the spell was done. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Dr UNEME I equally want to use this opportunity to Tell/Advice to as many who need their ex back, if you need his help you can Contact him through
    EMAIL: unemespellben@gmail.com WHATSAPP HIM @ +2348143813120


    Thank You Once Again Dr.UNEME

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I Got My Husband back... Am so excited to share my testimony of a spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly cared about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Odu adebayo can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted(WhatsApp) him and told him my problems and he told me what to do and I did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. My family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr.odu adebayo If you have any problem contact him and I guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. you can WhatsApp him(+2347055287754)or Email him at : poweroflovespell@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There aren’t enough words to describe or explain my wonderful experience with CYBERCREDITGURU a US based Russian h a c k e r s. In 2018, I had 205 BTC in my blockchain wallet but out of my carelessness I misplaced my password and recovery phrase. I really don’t know how to go about it until early this year, I came across a 5star review about them in a forum online by one Mrs. Kimberly and I reached out to them via text: +1 (650) 439 0624 and CYBERCREDITGURU (AT) GMAIL DOT COM. They responded immediately and helped recovered my lost BTC wallet within 4 days. Thanks to Team CyberGuru. I also had an extremely poor credit report of 403 with derogatory; late payment, repossession, collections and foreclosure. They also cleared all negative items from my credit report and upgraded my FICO score to 810 across all three major bureaus. Now with no doubts I can say 2022 is a great year for me as I am a proud owner of a new house and a car. All thanks to CYBERCREDITGURU once again. They are my messiah! I confidently recommend them to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)