Friday, October 11, 2019

BOOK SALE!

There must be a name for my problem. Oh yeah. Gluttony. As usual I brought home a ton of books from the library sale. In my defense, I also culled a good number of books from my shelves so I had room for the new ones. I'll show pics below.
Meanwhile, I'm sitting in my recliner watching a sporadic snowfall with a cup of coffee at my elbow. We've all been trading colds back and forth, but nothing too serious. We had a very busy day yesterday. The book sale for me and eye doctor appointments for three of the grands. Also parent-teacher conferences. So I did several short stints of babysitting. Today should be more relaxed.
Since I probably can't add captions to the photos below here is a brief explanation of what's coming up.
First is a 5x7 canvas I made for a swap.
Then, a photo of moi, just for the record, and because my brother was thinking I had short hair, lol.
Next is my younger step-son, Trevor. He's 48. He and his wife and kids live in the Baltimore area. He's a fun loving guy, as you can see. He's a senior contracts negotiator for Lockheed Martin. I can't imagine how much brain power that takes, but I know he's good at his job. He's also a retired Marine, a wonderful husband and dad and a Godly man. He's facing the challenges of Parkinson's disease with great courage. I'm so proud to be his mom.
And now for the books!
I found a gorgeous handmade book written in Japanese with a translation in English. I have no idea where this would have come from, but it's such a piece of art, I couldn't resist it!
Next photo you'll see a red songbook.
The photo after that shows the inside of it. Sort of unique.
I found a huge stack of Grace Livingstone Hill novels. I'll redonate these as I read them.
I found a couple of Max Lucado and Elizabeth Elliot books. The one with the shiny cover you can't read is called Marrying Mozart.
Then another little group including some Miss Marple.
The last two photos are books for collage materials. Someone donated a few boxes of very old books in German, Norwegian and French. I'll share these with art friends on my ATC site.
AND Hazel finally got her cast off!
Finally, and hopefully, here are the pictures! (And they're probably all out of order so have fun figuring out what's what!)
Shalom in advance!














5 comments:

  1. what nice finds!!! such great authors to read!!! YAY!!! God bless your step-son! and all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words Book Sale make my heart beat faster!! I love having a nice stack of unread books even though I really want to reread all my old favourites maybe this winter??
    I had to grin when I saw you had a "Jughead and Archie" book. I still have all the ones my kids used to read over and over.
    I wear my hair pulled back too, at least on days when I want to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and dear ans sweet photo of you, dear Lisa!

    Really some snowflakes?

    Here it was very terrible weather with stormy cold rain, but good for the forest after this dry summer.

    Have a good time with your art and your books - and with your family!

    many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest- - -

    P.S.: Funny to read first the text for the pictures and then to see the photos. WHY NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of excellent books! Now you are set for winter. I like your braid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Museum of Bad Art - Lisa, are you looking for inspiration??!!

    Please, please don't say that book sales feed our gluttony. They are probably one of the healthiest things going anymore for the mind... don't you think? I mean, compare the buying of old books to reading blogs -- sort of similar, right? A little bit of this, a little bit of that... stimulating the mind. Not much expenditure.

    Compare book sales to the pricey hobbies "other people" have; think of how you are not buying anything plastic, and instead you are taking money and time you might have spent on junk food ! and you can escape condemnation. Buying old books is probably politically correct everywhere!

    And you live alone so you don't have anyone to resent the space you are giving them. And one more thing, they often make for interesting photos, which contributes to your other hobby of blogging. You have a good thing going there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)