Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Oh-my-goodness!

It's a small world after all!

In our latest assignment for Sketchbook Skool, we were to find a vintage photo (or any photo), draw a picture of it and then create a clever caption for it. One of my classmates drew this...
To which I said, "You drew a picture of my late husband's great-grandfather, Hans Langseth!"
I've shown this photo on my blog before. I did a sketch of him myself. But what are the chances that someone in an online class would accidentally come across a photo of a relative of one of the other people in the class? BIZ-ARRE. ;)

My husband's g-g-father was in the Guinness Book of World Records some years back. He's not in there any more. I believe his beard resides in the Smithsonian, or did. His wife used to wash his beard and then have him sit in a chair while it dried. She draped it over the clothesline. He would usually have it rolled up in a ball, which he would stuff into a sugar sack and then stuff the sack inside of his shirt. A unique Norwegian ancestor.

Anyway, it's getting late, but I wanted to share this hard-to-believe occurrence. :)

Good evening, all and shalom!


8 comments:

  1. That certainly is an amazing coincidence and for that matter, that was a most amazing beard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so bizarre...both...that a fellow student drew the picture and second of all the L-O-N-G beard!! What a great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh, that is unreal and so funny too. Hope all of you are doing well there. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Beards remind me of troll dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made beautiful new drawings, dear Lisa! I also love the new fascinating header of your Blog! Greetings and blessings to you and to your beloved

    from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOW!!! NOW I understand!!!!! This is not YOUR drawing, but your husband#s grand-grand-father-photo - - - UNBELIEVABLE! You see, I really thought, it were your drawing!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is incredible! Both the coincidence and the long, long beard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I've always thought life was so strange there was no need for fiction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)