Saturday, February 17, 2018

Saturday news...

Have I ever told you guys how much I love and appreciate you all? I glanced at my blog roll and noticed several new posts. It actually gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing I get to read your posts and catch up a little on your lives when I finish posting this! Thanks for being part of my life!

This post isn't news as much as it is a list of good intentions. LOL.

Item #1-singing
Yeah. I'm getting tired of opening my mouth at church to sing and nothing but a few squeaky notes come out. I've been a singer since high school in choir and at church. Singing solos for 30 years. Then I just slowly sang less and less. I'm not a sing-around-the-house type of person. Probably because of my introverted personality. I just don't emote openly without "good cause", lol. But I'm wanting to get my singing voice back, SO I need to make use of all of those YouTube Mixes of '60's and '70's Jesus music I've saved. Truthfully, I've been intending to do this for ages, but then I just forget about it. I'll keep trying!

Item #2-journals
These two journals have been badly neglected and I want to get back to putting things in them. This one (The Pink Journal) is about half full after four years. I try to only write "important" spiritual thoughts in there. It's for my kids, as the cover says, and I don't want it filled with what I had for dinner and negative thoughts. Just stuff to encourage them in their walk with the Lord.
The second one is Lisa's Scripture Journal. I started it about 6 years ago. It contains scriptures which I've illustrated with a little painting. I'd like to get back to filling it.
 Here are some pages from it. Some of you may have seen these in the past. I went through an "altered book" phase and this is the only one I did.

 The next two pages I did when my little step-great-grandson, Gabriel, died in childbirth. It was my little memorial for him.


Actually, those two things, singing and journaling, are the only good intentions I've been thinking about. Eating healthier is becoming more natural as I purge my house of no-no's. Walking would be another. I just hate exercising indoors. Come on spring!

I'm currently reading this for the Goodreads Challenge. I'm enjoying it a lot!
And I'm working on these ATC's for the Zentangled Cupcakes swap. Two of them are about halfway finished. I haven't zentangled in a while, so it's a nice change of pace. I'll take another photo when they're finished.  :)

I pray you all have a great weekend! I'm off to read blogs and maybe act on some of these good intentions.
God bless and shalom!

9 comments:

  1. Our blog communities are great, aren't they! Those are some great goals! and yay for eating better! We went out for a last-days-before-Lent treat and had fish! :) Your journals are very nice and something your kids will treasure!!! God bless you dear friend! a HUG to you on this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about you and the others who faithfully read and comment on my blog. I'm such an introvert and find it next to impossible to find like minded friends among my acquaintances. Via my blog I have found such awesome women. If only you and they lived nearby!!

    I love that you set yourself goals... and follow through. You inspire me to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always doing so much, Lisa! I am amazed by the different sorts of journals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lisa your story if life for me is also such a richness in my life! I am sorry because of this baby Gabriel, he is in heaven now with Jesus. I can imagine, that you are a beautiful singer with spirit!
    Greetings from the Bavarian Forest from Dori

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to remove the above comment due to a bad typo! Wonderful post, Lisa. I hope you will fill your home with your voice. I used to sing a lot in the car, but I haven't lately. My alto voice has gotten even lower with age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your intentions -- journals and painting. I've been fiddling with my paints/journals and decided I don't care if it's not exactly as I "thought" it would be. I just want to do it. I often go back and fiddle with pages if I want "more" detail or just more.

    I hope you keep up the singing. I too find myself needing to sing more. I used to sing A LOT.

    God bless you, dear Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are excellent intentions, Lisa. Each autumn, I begin playing Handel's Messiah a lot, and singing along, and that gets my voice back in shape ... for a while. I can't stand exercising inside either, but don't have a good walking location either.
    Love those cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love journals and I love reading old entries so I should do it every day again. Yours are wonderful!
    Yes, sing up a storm, Lisa! Sing in the shower, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)