Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Thanks, Billy...

I just heard about Billy Graham going home to be with the Lord when I got home from church tonight. I vividly remember an evening in the summer of 1973. My folks had gone out to dinner and I was home alone scrolling through the TV channels. I stopped to watch a Billy Graham crusade. Very out of character for me at the age of sixteen. But as he preached his simple, unvarnished version of the gospel I knew I needed this Jesus he told me about. I gave my heart to the Lord right then and there. I owe Billy a lot, and I rejoice for him. He's now in the presence of Jesus. I'll see him and thank him when I get there. 
It's late, so I'll just say God bless us every one and shalom!

3 comments:

  1. When I heard this morning that Billy Graham had died I was so happy for him. Now he can finally be with the Lord that he so faithfully preached about all these many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My feelings to you, dear Lisa!

    Sometimes - and not seldom! - God is speaking to us through people anywhere, even through TV. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

    Big joy now for Billy Graham in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think many of us will want to line up and thank Dr. Graham, a long line! I rededicated my life to Christ at one of his crusades in Jackson, Miss. when I was a teen. He had a true gift from God for speaking plainly, so sincerely, and each listener felt he was speaking to him/her. He was a gift to this nation and world when we needed him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)