Thursday, August 2, 2018

1984 was a very good year...

Happy birthday, dear Josh! Josh and Jess took a little road trip to Tennessee in honor of his birthday. Here are a couple of pics.
I don't care what George Orwell says, 1984 was a wonderful year! Josh is a real blessing to the world! :) The shirt, mug and book are Jess's gifts to Josh. I want to read that book again, too!

Had to get a good video shot. They took a walk in the mountains of Tennessee.



And here's little Sully/Bubba napping, after Micah sat by his bed for 20 minutes, lol. He's the Everready Bunny.
My wifi is still not working, so I'm at the library. Please forgive me if I fall behind on viewing blogs for a bit. Once I move out to Micah's I hope it will work better, but for now I'm getting weaned from the computer world a bit. Maybe a good thing. But I'm not gone!

I'm finally having a slow week after so much busyness at church.  Singing practice resumes on Saturday. This is one of the songs we're doing.


I just finished reading Villette by Charlotte Bronte. I think it's one of my favorite books of all time. This is the third time I've read it, and I chose the happy ending. You'll know what that means if you've read it, lol.

I've just begun Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell because my son Jordan is reading it. It has to do with success. He's reading it as inspiration for being self-employed eventually. I saw Malcolm on one of those ads for Master Classes you see at the beginning of YouTube videos. ("I'm Malcolm Gladwell, and this is my Masterclass.") I liked his style in the ad, so I'm trying one of his books, lol.)



Thanks for stopping by!
God bless all and shalom!

5 comments:

  1. It's too bad your internet connection remains a problem. How soon might you move in with Micah and co.?

    I had to pause and ask myself what was happening in my life in 1984. My kids ages were 19, 17,15,11 and 7 so no doubt I was busy.
    Happy new month. I hope you're having a pleasant summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a wonderful song! Thank you, Lisa, for showing this in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your boy!! Glad they could get away for a nice trip.
    My hubby likes listening to Gladwell's podcasts all the time. I haven't read his book, but he does sound like clever man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good reason to celebrate! I also have a son born in '84 and he was surely the best thing about that year for me :-)

    I don't know if I've ever discussed the book or even its title with my son... and did he read the book? I can't remember that, either! I will ask. :-)

    Thank you, Lisa, for this happy reminder and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for the internet problems! I love reading how you are doing and wonderful about your son's birthday! God bless you dear friend!!! I am looking up the V book you mentioned!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)