Sunday, June 22, 2014

Beverley Nichols anyone?

I just purchased Down the Garden Path by Beverley Nichols. I looked at the first few pages via Amazon, and I love his writing style. I had never heard of him before, but came across his name in Gladys Taber's Stillmeadow Calendar. Most of his books cost a little more than I'm used to paying, but I got the last really cheap copy of this one. He looks like a real gem of an English author! Much of his writing is fiction based on country life in England and involves a lot of gardening and such. Check him out! :)  (I have to admit, I don't usually care for the authors that GT recommends, but this one I think I'll love.)


Off to church with dear daughter and grands shortly! Hoping you all have a peaceful Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Have read his from the library, and you have a treasure there. Delightful, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get into it. I rarely like male authors, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope I feel differently, Pom. I just ordered the second book in that trilogy! I, actually, do like male authors, so I'm hoping I didn't throw my money down a hole, so to speak, lol! :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)