Friday, June 20, 2014

Mist and rainbows...

This morning started out very foggy...








I was actually in my car headed down the driveway when I saw the scene above and had to run back in the house for my camera! :)
 
If I hadn't needed to leave early for work I might have missed all of this!
 
It's sunny out this evening. (Home from work! Weekend off!) But I looked out and saw rain falling and glistening in the sun. A large cloud was passing overhead and going east. I almost missed this!

 I'm making some little accordion fold journals. I got the idea from Cathy Johnson's YouTube videos. These are kind of small, but I'm just figuring out how to do it, so these are experimental. :)
 I'm using some of my old quilt fabric on the covers. The large book is adding some weight to compress one of the journals.
It's fun to finally think of something to do with all of this charming old material.

 
So, I'm off to make a late supper and maybe fool around with these little journals some more. I also want to work on more ATC's for the River Scenes swap. Here are the first two I made:







Hope you all have a pleasant evening. I'll probably be around to check up on you. ;)

Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures demonstrate that any kind of weather can be beautiful. And a tractor in the mist - so romantic to a farm-raised girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yes, I thought that was quite a romantic shot myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)