Sunday, April 7, 2019

A foggy evening...

Things are slowly warming up and we had a little rain today. It's helping to melt what little snow is left. Tonight things are misty.

I've added another book to my pile of current reads. So far I'm enjoying this book. It gives a lot of insight into the mind of this particular writer. I don't agree with all of his views, but he seems to be a decent sort of chap. I'm only about a sixth of the way through the book, so I hope I won't regret recommending it later, lol. I tend to jump the gun sometimes! It's a collection of short essays and speeches he's given over the years.
Here's a short excerpt. He's explaining why he doesn't think "escapism" is necessarily a bad thing when the term is applied to reading. He's not a Christian, (at least as far as I can tell) but he does seem to be a fan of C.S. Lewis, Tolkien and Chesterton. I like him!
I'm trying to spend more quiet time in my room, reading, watching videos and doing peaceful things to counteract some of the craziness with the kids. Josh and Jess are good with that. They said they don't expect me to deal with the kids, which is a relief for me to know. I'll be in a better frame of mind when I am with them if I have time to myself to regroup. With the spring weather we should be able to all spend more time outdoors as well, which will help. The Lord is helping us day-by-day. I'm going to go out and visit with Josh and Jess before I go to bed.

Thanks for looking in on me! Love you folks!
Shalom!

4 comments:

  1. I know my middle son is a big Neil Gaiman fan but I myself haven't read anything he's written. I love escaping into an interesting book! I've been having a lot of trouble with my eyes ( cataract surgery did nothing to improve my eyesight) and I don't care for recorded books so if I can't read I'd be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa,

    what a good and healthy peace you and your lots of children and their parents! :) Good, to have some private hours for collecting new love and energy for the following tasks.

    Nice and spiritual misty photos!

    Have a blessed and mild week - your sister in Christ Dori

    I made the experience, that books are good friends to find new inspirations and communications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very good of your kids to show proper boundrires for what is for them to deal with (they are the parents!) and what is NOT expected of you. I think it is very wise to spend time in your room doing peaceful rejuvenating things... books are wonderful as 'escapes' and I agree with Lewis on this! :) a big HUG! I do hope the struggles your grandkids are having will lessen and that help will be soon coming! Lord have mercy on you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one Gaiman novel I started was too dark... But some of my friends love him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)