Saturday, April 20, 2019

Happy Easter, everyone!

Have a blessed Easter!

I'm waiting for Josh, Jess and Nathan to bring me home some Thai takeout. I've never eaten Thai food...as far as I remember. (Update: It was really good! We got the Scandinavian, not-too-spicy version. This restaurant is located in a tiny town about 20 miles from here. The wife is Thai and her husband has been to Thailand. You get to choose how spicy you want your food.)

A  couple of photos I haven't shared yet.

Yesterday, on the way home from the hospital, Nathan and the family stopped off in the town of Detroit Lakes. He went hunting for shells on the beach and found some really big snail shells. There's still a lot of ice on that big lake.


Josh and Nathan visited our local Nevis lake beach today. If you look at the photo right about where Josh's hairline is, you'll see white stuff in the lake. Yup, that's ice. They waded around anyway! It was about 70 degrees today. Yay!
Adam's grandmother is making quilts for all of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Micah got this photo of some of the kids trying out Hazel's new quilt. Hazel picked out one quilt square that was her particular favorite. I'm not sure which one it is.
And a few more of the pack...
Audrey is such a good big sister!

Can you tell they had been eating chocolate chip muffins?

Finally! A smile from Mr. Serious!
I actually went for a one mile walk today. The trail is finally all clear. Unfortunately, I tried to be macho and didn't wear socks. I ended up with bloody heels. I'll know better next time! But it's a start! (I would have walked farther if that hadn't happened. Really. I would have.)

I went to the thrift store yesterday and picked up some summery tops. I'm about ready to switch my closet over from winter to summer. Woo hoo!

God bless y'all for stopping by! Happy Easter and Happy Birthday, Glenn! :)
Shalom!

3 comments:

  1. Our weather has changed from stormy and miserable to sultry and summery at the flick of an Easter weekend switch! I'll think of you enjoying your warm air every time I stretch in the sun today- happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know not wearing socks was 'macho'. My hands and feet always seem to feel cold so I wear socks 11 months of the year.
    Thatcher sure is growing! I like seeing pics of your grands. Nathan is looking quite relaxed and happy on the photos as well. I hope he is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I just thought the socks "looked funny" with my short pants. That's what I get for being vain! Nathan has a lot of good times with brief moments of agitation. Josh and Jess handle it all with a lot of patience. :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)