Tuesday, April 2, 2019

As in the days of Noah...

...we're finally seeing dry ground!
And when that alfalfa field in the background is clear of snow I may just strike out across it and take a walk! I hope I don't come across any bears coming out of hibernation, lol.

Things are much as they have been. Details change daily, so I won't bore you all with that.

Here are my two current reads.
Still dreaming of writing a book! This edition of Writing Picture Books is from 2009, but I think it still contains lots of good info on writing. Just started it and it looks promising.

I get daily C.S. Lewis quotes in my email. This was today's. If you've read the Screwtape Letters you know that "the Enemy" he refers to is God since it's a demon speaking. I've read this so many times, but it always blesses me.

 Screwtape reveals the Enemy’s intentions:

Now it may surprise you to learn that in His [the Enemy’s] efforts to get permanent possession of a soul, He relies on the troughs even more than on the peaks; some of His special favourites have gone through longer and deeper troughs than anyone else. The reason is this. To us a human is primarily food; our aim is the absorption of its will into ours, the increase of our own area of selfhood at its expense. But the obedience which the Enemy demands of men is quite a different thing. One must face the fact that all the talk about His love for men, and His service being perfect freedom, is not (as one would gladly believe) mere propaganda, but an appalling truth. He really does want to fill the universe with a lot of loathsome little replicas of Himself—creatures whose life, on its miniature scale, will be qualitatively like His own, not because He has absorbed them but because their wills freely conform to His. We want cattle who can finally become food; He wants servants who can finally become sons. We want to suck in, He wants to give out. We are empty and would be filled; He is full and flows over. Our war aim is a world in which Our Father Below has drawn all other beings into himself: the Enemy wants a world full of beings united to Him but still distinct.

From The Screwtape Letters
Compiled in A Year with C.S. Lewis

We've had a few flurries today, but then the sun breaks through again. It's just playing with us! I think our version of spring is here.

That's all for now. I'm off to read some more of your blogs. Thanks for visiting!
Shalom.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I found out today that I haven't been getting notifications when you post so tonight I've been going back a month only to find that you are going through some pretty hard times. One hardly knows what to say. Your life has been turned upside down and I can only imagine how that must feel. Keep reading and drawing and above all, praying. love to you and your family, MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, GM! It seems to get easier as I get used to it. :)

      Delete
  2. The water went away and also the water of hard problems seems to go away now - what a wonderful symbol in front of your house and in your special blessed life though all it's problems and difficulties.

    The quotes of C.S. Lewis are coming from the Holy Spirit, I think.How helpful, - and what a grace to have such holy friends!

    Many greetings from the Bavarian Forest from Dori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote from Screwtape. I haven't read that book in a long time, and don't think I remember many details. I just learned that it's one our high school class at church will read together next year, and as I'm the teacher, I'll be sure to read it :-) and am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa: I pray that you are having a peaceful day. Got your comment about your room being your sanctuary. I get that. Do take care of yourself and remember that it is OK to take care of your own needs for rest and peace. Use your room and of course we must all keep praying to our Lord who loves us. I hope that your family members can get the care they so clearly need! a big HUG!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)