Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Some flowers and a pain in the neck...

Well, I haven't done so well on the yard work front. I raked some leaves, ignoring the fact that my neck was getting sore like I had a pinched nerve. So, I aggravated that. I finally went to the chiropractor today and have another appointment for Thursday. Hopefully it will feel better before that and I can skip that second visit.

Things have been quiet this afternoon and evening since I returned from getting the girls from school. Josh and family have been gone most of the day. I hope they're enjoying the beautiful day.

I finished up some cards for a swap called Sensational Summer Flowers. I just made some blobs of color on the cards and then drew flowers on top. The pictures didn't come out well. The colors were much more vibrant. But I've packed them up to mail, so I can't retake the pictures. Oh well, you get the idea.

I'm off to do some reading. Radical Hospitality has so many good bits in it, I'm tempted to keep posting excerpts, but there are too many!

God bless you all and have a shalom-filled week!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the pain in your neck. Do you have a heating pad that you can sort of wrap around the sore area?
    Keep posting good bits from that book. I probably will never read it so I can benefit from your excerpts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are lovely! Take care of that neck, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa, the flower-paintings are wonderful! What a beautiful technique! Great!!

    Pain in the neck: I know this. I also had some terrible pain-problems and could only survive and work with some pills against pain. First point: I am very sensitive, 2. point: I am not very young. But also my son has pains in the shoulder of carrying his little daughter! Life is hard, but flowers are here. Hope you feel better soon!

    Have a good and healthy time, greetings and blessings from Dori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)