Monday, April 15, 2019

A little early with my header...

but since He really IS already risen, it's okay. Right? I have a habit of not posting very often lately, so I wanted to have my Easter header up just in case, lol.

Well, we picked up 6-8" of snow on Thursday and Friday. These pics were taken when the snow had just begun. I hopped in my car and went in to pick the girls up from school a little early before the roads got really bad, but it was already almost a white out and the road was hard to see. The school sent work home with the kids and school was closed on Friday. Our school doesn't often close due to weather.

I'm losing track of what happened when and I almost forgot to mention that Josh and Jess and the kids made a trip to Wisconsin where they met Jess's parents. They left on Wednesday and came back on Thursday, in the midst of that blizzard. The purpose of the trip was to send Starry back with the grandparents to Kentucky for a long visit. She may be there for a couple of months.  That will make things a little easier around here while Josh and Jess figure out the best arrangements for Nathan. He seems to be doing somewhat better, but with Starry here things sometimes get out of hand. They're still waiting to hear about a long term treatment arrangement for him. I'm not sure how this will all be resolved, but all we can do is trust the Lord one day at a time. True for everyone, I guess!


It's melting now, and at least we don't have the huge piles of plowed stuff to melt. Someone suggested we might get more later in the week.

Gretchen, I haven't read any of Neil Gaiman's novels and I probably won't. I've abandoned the book I was reading after about page 100 of 500. It was all essays and speeches he has given over the years, and they had begun to sound a little too similar. I wasn't going to waste time reading the whole thing.

So, I'm just doing a lot of reading, watching documentaries on Netflix and visiting with Josh after the rest of the household goes to bed. That's my favorite perk! I'm not feeling too creative, so you may not see much artwork for a while. My energies are going more toward staying positive and seeing beyond the obvious, mundane, slightly sad/depressing things my dear son and his family are coping with. I really need to spend more time in prayer and Bible reading, rather than entertaining myself. I feel such a difference when I do! The enemy wants me to just try to put a band-aid on things by watching movies and trying to "cheer myself up", but this is a battle in the heavenlies, and I need to be building my faith. We all need to keep our eyes on God and keep an eternal perspective. That's what really helps in times like these. And I know we're all experiencing stuff. If you aren't right now, you will be. That's life on this fallen planet. Hang in there, friends! End of sermonette! :)

That's about it for now. I'm off to see if Granny Marigold bought any more teacups and what the rest of you are up to! Thanks for your encouraging comments and your cheerful blogs!

Shalom!


6 comments:

  1. Haha! I actually do not have any new tea cups! I'm kind of running out of space ( no surprise there).
    It is so true that if we're not experiencing "stuff" now then we surely will in the near future. My woes are not nearly as big as many others ( yours included) nevertheless they are on my mind and on my heart. How I pray your son and his family will find the best help for Nathan. Have courage, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, sister in Christ, your LOVE IS a prayer! Your love is a permanent prayer!! But I can understand, what you mean with a special difference between "fun" and prayer and reading bible. With the help of the lord you will find more time for prayer and reading the bible.
    Oh the blizard1 You know I'm always interested in weather especially in snow! :)

    here we still have snow in the higher regions. This is very important for the forest, because weather is rather dry now. farmers are afraid to get another year less hay and dying trees in the forest.

    best wishes to you and your family, best wishes for Nathan and Starry. How good, that she has a good place now at her grandparents, so there is more free space to look for a good therapy for Nathan. GOD BLESS YOU!

    best greetings from Dori from the Bavarian forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been lurking on your site for over a year and am ashamed I haven't commented until now as you have been such an encouragement to me.we have 4 children, 3 that we were privileged to raise to adulthood and one that our Lord saw fit to call Home when she was 10-1/2 years old. Our youngest son (now 36) severe SEVERE ADHD and is doing pretty well now.I have a soft spot in my heart for Nathan.I don't think there is a way to private message you on this link but if you'd like to email me I would be happy to talk with you. Jan Cox, Elkhorn, Wisconsin email: rnvent@yahoo.com. I am 68 years old,still working part time RN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to add that we have 12 grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you a blessed holy Eastertime, dear Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A battle in the heavenlies - indeed. Thank you for the reminder, Lisa. Dori is right about your LOVE, but that love needs replenishing at the SOURCE, and most of us aren't able to recharge constantly while at the same time expending our energies/love. Even Elijah was wiped out and depressed, after "giving out" so mightily, and needed some nurturing. We grandparents may not be on task physically every minute, but emotionally and mentally we are right there, getting worn out ;-) God bless and strengthen you, Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)