Monday, August 13, 2012

A lemony sketchbook...

I think that I shall never again purchase one of these sketchbooks at Walmart...


It wasn't even really cheap...$8. That's more than my other large sketchbook which I bought at Ben Franklin's...I think. I don't remember the brand of this sketchbook and I removed the label, but it's their standard brand of art supplies. (Would it be Daler Rowney, like the tube watercolors I bought there?) Anyway, the paper is soft and mushy like construction paper, and after turning the pages a couple of times they begin to tear and want to fall out. I'm not sure I want to put a lot of time into sketching in this book! Just wanted to sound a warning. Back to Ben Franklin's!

Okay, finished whining...

Shalom and happy sketching/painting/collaging or whatever your passion may be! :D

2 comments:

  1. Good to know! I bet all the students who have to purchase a sketchbook for art this year bought them at Walmart. Oh well.
    I'm so proud of you for continuing on with your art, Lisa! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind, Pom! Are you going to sketch with your students? I hope their sketchbooks hold up! :D

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)