Tuesday, August 7, 2012

WOYWW!

Almost 11:00 p.m. on Tuesday night here in northern Minnesota, USA! I'm hurriedly trying to put something together for WOYWW so that people from around the globe can marvel at my enticing workdesk! Ha! If you'd like to do the same please go to Julia's Stamping Ground for a list of participating artistes!

Did I insinuate that my desk is marvelous and enticing? Well, that was a bit of hyperbole...


I've been a little caught up in getting my paperwork together for fall nursing classes, but now that that's done I hope to do a little art in the remaining days of summer. I've begun my Brayd tangle for the Diva's Challenge, but besides that I mainly have a stack of reading material on my desk. BO-RING! On my slant-top desk is my colored pencil rendition of a phoenix which Zach from Designed to Create described as "happy" and almost "huggable"! Not traits usually associated with a phoenix. I am quick to admit I need to work on a fiercer visage, more majestic body and longer wingspan. But it was fun practicing with my pencils!



The Brayd tangle is quite challenging and I have a lot more to do on this ZIA, but it's good to get a pen in hand once again!

Hope you all enjoy your WOYWW and shalom, all!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa!
    It must feel good to get all those "to dos" completed! I will be thinking of you and praying for you as you go back to school!
    I'm glad you've expanded your art! It's fun and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to hear you've caught up on class stuff and can now enjoy some art time :)
    that brayd tangle looks really challenging...
    have fun!
    happy WOYWW!!
    no. 11

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything to do with Phoenixes, Lisa, because I play in The Phoenix Brass Band near Marlborough in Wiltshire!! I play the tuba, as does my son - so well done you!!
    Hugs, LLJ #13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, getting ready for the classes is a priority really, but it's nice to have a replay days left to chill before you have to pick up a new routine. The Brayd challenge piece is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lisa. It was good to catch up with you after having been gone so long. It must feel exciting and a bit nostalgic as you must soon return to classes. I know that feeling so well. Sorry I'm a bit late. I'm 22 this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)