Friday, August 10, 2012

The DIva's Challenge-Brayd!

My mind works in mysterious ways. I think a lot of our minds do that! As I worked on this ZIA for The Diva's challenge my Brayd reminded me of a rope...


...so I asked myself, "Self, what theme can I go for on this Zia that could incorporate a rope?" For some reason I came up with a nautical/marine theme. Rope...boat...fishing net...sand...sea, etc. I'm not sure the associations are obvious; especially the initial leap from rope to boat. But hey, it's MY imagination, right? :)

So here it is! I especially enjoyed playing with my colored pencils and layering some colors!






To see what everyone else did with the Brayd tangle go to The Diva's Challenge blog and check out the links! :D

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is beautiful. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog, they are very much appreciated. People have been so kind.

    What a coincidence we both chose Fishnet to go with Brayd! It's one of my favourites as it gives such a pretty and unobtrusive background, but it also has a special significance in that it seems to symbolise (for me anyway!) nurture, sustenance and support. Anyhow, I love your marine theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rope? No, it's your braid, Lisa!
    VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - the coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat! I think creative minds have license to jump all over the place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and well done also the collors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic brayd and your colors are so perfect! I love the layered look and the colors chosen to enhance this wonderful challenge piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your conversation with "self" and the results are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ZIA, full of color and your brayd-rope is excellently drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super imagination Lisa! That is a spectacular rope!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)