Monday, March 10, 2014

Reflections on simplicity...

If you have bread, butter and eggs you can always make a meal. Everything else is just gravy...or icing on the cake... :)

I'm not a big fan of apples, but I guess they're good for me.  And I'm thankful for God's supply! This was my simple lunch today before heading off to a short 6 hour day at work. I like simplicity. I find myself giving away a lot of knicknacks to local thrift stores. They benefit a good cause and things get simpler around here. I do like some pretty objects around, but I'm getting a few too many that don't have a lot of meaning for me. I'm trying to keep only what's useful or beautiful (to me)! This last sentence was inspired by William Morris as quoted in the Thistle Cove Farm blog. :) Her Sabbath Keeping blogs are always chock-full of good quotes!

Have a great day full of the shalom of God!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! SMART! Yes, we don't need all the knick knacks and your way is very wise (using the Morris determiner).
    Your lunch looks just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this, Lisa. Our home is small, and I don't think I'll really ever have a larger one. My mother is in the long process of getting rid of all her stuff, and I'm a prime recipient! I must, must get rid of all the things, as you say, that aren't particularly meaningful to me -- either emotionally, or simply because they feed my spirit with their beauty. It's hard. I feel like I'm "picking favorites," which is ridiculous. But it must be done. I'm going home tomorrow from my mom's house, and it will be time to get honest with my knick knacks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)