Sunday, August 30, 2015

Art stuff, etc.

 
So, here are the last two ATC's for the Fabric and Fiber Landscape swap.
 These were kind of fun! I love Mod Podging things. :)
 I went shopping yesterday and found two pairs of slacks for work. Then I made the mistake of cruising through Hobby Lobby! I've never been in one before so I wasn't prepared for the huge size of the place. To find the little items I wanted took a long time. Actually, I went in to see if they had individual Prismacolor Premier colored pencils. I need several colors that aren't in my set. Yes, they did have some (sort of a picked over selection) in the VERY back of the store. On my way there I found a great set of colored Micron pens and a set of sparkly gel pens. Both great finds! I also picked up a couple of coloring books for Audrey and Hazel. You can never have too many. ;)
 I need black shoes for work. Do you think these will qualify? They had better! They were all I could find in my budget, and were still very expensive. Sorry, not gonna pay $140 for work shoes. These should last a while...I hope.
 I have to admit, I'm getting a little impatient to finish this Sketchbook Project thing. My entries will probably get simpler as I go along. Like this colored pencil sketch.
 And this one. Colored pencil isn't my favorite, but the watercolor seeps through this sketching paper (like on the left-hand side of this page) and I'm hoping colored pencil will cover better than trying to paint over it. If you look closely at the enlarged photo you'll see I've sketched some morel mushrooms where that dark blotch is. I can color them fairly darkly and maybe it will look okay.
Have you had a hazy, peachy evening sun where you are? Ours is caused by smoke from wildfires in Canada, I think.
 
I did get my back lawn completely mowed yesterday. The front is sort of half-mowed, but that will have to wait for another day. I'm not going to over do. Big week ahead, as always.
 
Hope you all enjoy your Sunday evening!
Have a great week!
Shalom.


7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shopping trip was successful, Lisa!
    I love the fabric ATCs. So fun!
    I hope your week isn't too taxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, isn't it, how fast a free weekend goes!! I've never been to a Hobby Lobby but even the pen dept. in Walmart makes me drool. Love all the choices.

    All the smoke makes the air outside smell like an old ashtray. I hope we get the rain that is forecast and that it helps put the fires out.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm constantly amazed at your creations. You keep your hand in and that's so important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your ATCs are adorable!! Hobby Lobby is one of my favorite haunts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A rent-a-sheep would be a great thing for your lawn....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my grey wolf!!!
    He feels happy in heaven now - - - you say it, too, I believe....

    Such nice pictures made with clothes!

    The friut is called here "Einbeere" - It's very rare here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lawn mowing is such a chore. Not sure how we will keep ahead of the verge on this farm. Your art looks great! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)