Thursday, December 14, 2017

Bits and bobs...

I hope you're all enjoying the days leading up to Christmas! I'm sure enjoying your blogs and all the photos of Christmasy things.
My Christmas plans are beginning to take shape. Micah and Adam have several sets of grandparents to visit over Christmas eve and Christmas day, so I will be joining them on Christmas morning for breakfast and gift opening. I guess that's what we've done for a couple of years, so that's our new tradition! :)

On Christmas eve I might just stir up my courage and attend the Christmas Eve celebration at the Nevis Church of Christ. There will be singing along with a community Christmas meal afterwards. It might be a good way for me to socialize with some of the locals.

Life has been fairly uneventful since my last post except for a leaky toilet, which took a couple of days to figure out. Fun! And now we've had a couple of days of light snow and slick roads. I look forward to just staying home tonight after we pick Audrey up from school.

Otherwise, I finished some cards for a Pick-a-Theme swap. I've been slowing down on these swaps, hoping I'll then have extra zip for doing some "other" paintings. We'll see how that goes! I have dreams of craft fairs in the summer, but that would require actually finishing a bunch of art to sell. Just a dream? Hmmm... I have very little confidence when it comes to painting. I'm making it up as I go and I don't enjoy turning it into an academic subject of study, so I just do my own thing. If something turns out well, it's just a happy accident. I guess that's what they call "folk art"? :)




 Below is my 5"x7" canvas for the monthly swap. The lady I made it for likes 1950's rocket ships.

Sully says "Hi!"

He must have been crying before this was snapped. Aw...

You guys have a good day!
Shalom!


7 comments:

  1. I like your art! :) God bless you this day and keep you well! I Think it would be neat if you could go to the Christmas Eve service! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your art. So there. You're so talented, Lisa. You really are.
    Oh that Sully is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like Sully has tears in his little eyes. I like his bow tie. He's a nifty little man.
    I always like to see your art and often wish I could sketch or paint.
    Have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granny Marigold speaks from my heart! Sully is really SO VERY SWEET! These tears in his eyers and the shirt with the bow tie... Wonderful mother making this photo! I also LOVE the new Christmas-paintings in your post! Greetings and blessings and have a good holy time in expecting the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your folk art very much- I'd definitely buy some of your cards if I strolled through that craft fair! I am also considering s first foray to our church's Christmas Eve service, which is at 5.30pm. Up until now the boys have been too young to be dragged along and away from festive TV and baking and antics. This could be the year I drag myself away from the same! I'll go if you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sully is so cute! Look at those huge brown eyes! I do love the card of the floppy-eared dog :) And I think it's a great idea to go to the Christmas Eve service. It warms the heart to be around other lovers of the Christ Child at that time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)